Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Cavalry actions (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94)

SPARROW94 08-24-2007 09:42 AM

Calvary Actions

If you played BFME2 and you had a calvery battle with a friend you would notice that the calvery stop instead of charging now that is just plain sissy instead i would wanna see in this game is wolfbeast and unicorns charging at each other and watch them stab each other off the wolfbeast/unicorns and then watch them fight with out there wolfbeast/unicorns now thats real!!

The Witch King of Angmar 08-24-2007 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPARROW94 (Post 1435)
If you played BFME2 and you had a calvery battle with a friend you would notice that the calvery stop instead of charging now that is just plain sissy instead i would wanna see in this game is wolfbeast and unicorns charging at each other and watch them stab each other off the wolfbeast/unicorns and then watch them fight with out there wolfbeast/unicorns now thats real!!

That's probably what it will be like. I would like to see horse archers that are not completly overpowered but can ride around and fire at the same time.

SPARROW94 08-24-2007 10:59 AM

thats prob for orcs instead on elves if you realy think about it

Ryan Zelazny 08-24-2007 11:05 AM

I'm not sure if I understand your question Sparrow.

I think what you want to know, is that if your rider dies, will your mount still attack? The answer to that is yes, but they will only attack if they are still around other friendly units, once they are left to themselves they will become tame-able so you may capture them.

Not sure how shooting/riding will pan out, as it may be hard to do it interface-wise. Because if you just click on a target, your archer should just shoot, not run and shoot. I suppose you could have a little option (with a hotkey) and you could setup a range for them to run, kind of like a guard patrol in Warcraft.

SPARROW94 08-24-2007 11:07 AM

saweeeet !!

olauwers 08-24-2007 03:10 PM

I think what Sparrow wanted to ask is, do the cavalry charge at other cavalry, meet, charge further and knock the enemy of their mounts? (Jousting-style, yet more action, and alot of people at the same time... Oh, and no public ;)), or will they charge, meet, stop, fight?

Ryan Zelazny 08-24-2007 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olauwers (Post 1452)
I think what Sparrow wanted to ask is, do the cavalry charge at other cavalry, meet, charge further and knock the enemy of their mounts? (Jousting-style, yet more action, and alot of people at the same time... Oh, and no public ;)), or will they charge, meet, stop, fight?

I'm actually not sure (mounted units aren't yet perfected in the current build) so I'll leave that up to Konstantin to answer. It would be a good idea to have sort a charge ability for melee mounted units only, as ranged units would just get slaughtered that close to melee units. Sometimes you would want them to stop and fight though, perhaps run through the first part of the enemy ranks to get to a spell-caster or just to cause mass confusion upon your enemy.

SPARROW94 08-24-2007 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Zelazny (Post 1453)
I'm actually not sure (mounted units aren't yet perfected in the current build) so I'll leave that up to Konstantin to answer. It would be a good idea to have sort a charge ability for melee mounted units only, as ranged units would just get slaughtered that close to melee units. Sometimes you would want them to stop and fight though, perhaps run through the first part of the enemy ranks to get to a spell-caster or just to cause mass confusion upon your enemy.

kewl this game is so saweeeeet

crex719 08-24-2007 10:54 PM

The Calvalry in BFME 2 seemed over powered, there were way to many units it could crush and pikemen only worked if you knew how to use them. I hate comparing this to BFME 2, but this is where my RTS experience came from..
Are Calvalry this powerful in this game too?

SPARROW94 08-24-2007 11:56 PM

i bet if you use them right