Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Terrain & accurancy (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93)

SPARROW94 08-23-2007 04:17 PM

Terrain & accurancy

Well i was just playing some C&C3 with my friends and i came up with an idea. If this game is so realistic then why not make the archers realistic. let me get to the point say if i had some goblin archers on a tall hill that would mean my archers vision and range would increase but my accuracy would fall. or in a different situiation my goblin archers have vision on the enemy and there little far so i decide to push my luck and grab there attention by shooting far away (then that would mean my accuracy is very low so it a low prabability i would hit them). For smarter players it would be there intetions to get as close as possible with out getting noticed so their accuracy would be high enough to get some kills.

jap88 08-23-2007 05:11 PM

Umm, the terrain itself has little to do with accuracy, unless, of course, firing over something. It has much more to do with sight-line, weather conditions, time of day, distance, and obviously the skill of those wielding the bow. Standing up on a hill will actually give me greater accuracy at the same range as if that place were just flat, not less.

SPARROW94 08-23-2007 05:24 PM

umm yeah i kinda thinking about that if the archer had more accuracy on a hill or not but if hes up more i thought it would have less. and also like other mediveil games the archers always had durict hit like bfme2 but this game should be like a volly and watch the arrows fly to the enemy and see if it hit them or not NOW THATS KEWL

The Witch King of Angmar 08-23-2007 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPARROW94 (Post 1427)
umm yeah i kinda thinking about that if the archer had more accuracy on a hill or not but if hes up more i thought it would have less. and also like other mediveil games the archers always had durict hit like bfme2 but this game should be like a volly and watch the arrows fly to the enemy and see if it hit them or not NOW THATS KEWL

Reverie originally planed to add a small part of this into DOF and I'd agree with jap on the accuracy. Watch the Helm's Deep scene in TTT and look how many guys Rohan shot down when they where in the Keep. Pwned! :)

SPARROW94 08-24-2007 04:59 AM

yeah now i wanna wait for konstatin or ryan to comment on this!

Ryan Zelazny 08-24-2007 09:51 AM

Well accuracy for ranged units does have quite a few variables.

Line of sight -we've already mentioned- will affect not only fog of war, but also accuracy of ranged units.

Light/Darkness as mentioned in spells will have an effect on accuracy, not only spell-created by regular in general. Weather will also effect this.

Units will have a paticular set accuracy depending on the unit, dumb little goblins are going to have lower accuracy than most. Experience will give the unit a higher accuracy, as well as certain tech upgrades.

Range will have an effect, however I don't believe we've decided on if it's going to be a standard "closer is better" system, or a too far/too close system like the Hunter class in World of Warcraft. Where you'll get a better accuracy if your target is neither too far nor too close to the archer.

SPARROW94 08-24-2007 09:53 AM

So it not going to be like mirkwood archers in BFME2 where they always have a direct hit...THIS GAME IS THE BEST

The Witch King of Angmar 08-24-2007 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPARROW94 (Post 1438)
So it not going to be like mirkwood archers in BFME2 where they always have a direct hit...THIS GAME IS THE BEST

Lol I pwned with Mirkwood Archers. And yes this game is going to be good.

SPARROW94 08-24-2007 09:56 AM

Lol Witch King Any Body Can Pown With Mirkwood Archers

The Witch King of Angmar 08-24-2007 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPARROW94 (Post 1440)
Lol Witch King Any Body Can Pown With Mirkwood Archers

But me especially. I got them really fast with Silverthorne Arrows.