Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Economy (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90)

Erandur 08-21-2007 12:09 PM

Economy

something i've been trying to do in a lot of games, is getting 1 spot in my town really crowded, i've tried it on the settlers IV, wasn't exacly succesful... the best so far was on anno 1701, getting to the highest civilisation level, building a town center, and put a house everywhere within the area of effect of the town center :D altough it wasn't bad, i'd suggest dawn of fantasy has a way of getting lots of villagers in the same place

olauwers 08-21-2007 12:57 PM

What exactly would be the point in that? Wouldn't it make your economy extra-vulnerable, because they only have to attack that spot and your economy is dead?

Darvin 08-21-2007 01:53 PM

I guess that's why you'd build a big wall around it, now wouldn't you?

Ndition 08-21-2007 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erandur (Post 1355)
something i've been trying to do in a lot of games, is getting 1 spot in my town really crowded, i've tried it on the settlers IV, wasn't exacly succesful... the best so far was on anno 1701, getting to the highest civilisation level, building a town center, and put a house everywhere within the area of effect of the town center :D altough it wasn't bad, i'd suggest dawn of fantasy has a way of getting lots of villagers in the same place

Good idea, that would make the city more realistic!

olauwers 08-21-2007 02:14 PM

Quote:

I guess that's why you'd build a big wall around it, now wouldn't you?
Well... Big walls can be breached :D But what I just wanted to know was what the advantage of doing such was? Or do you just like the sight?

Darvin 08-21-2007 02:32 PM

In reality, busy marketplaces were centers of commerce, attracting people from all around. However, in the middle ages, crowds were not a symptom of lots of people, but rather than lack of space, since people built in tight clusters inside walls.

olauwers 08-21-2007 02:35 PM

Oh, so this is a purely realistic thing? Then I'm with you on this ;)

Ryan Zelazny 08-24-2007 03:11 PM

Fortresses do tend to have their houses really packed together, however there are other important buildings like barracks and that mixed in. I think our fortresses reflect more how they would appear if they existed in real-life, as the units would have to live within the city somewhere.

SPARROW94 08-27-2007 07:54 PM

also i noticed in some pics that the fortesses were very big and all the building were very close to the wall and close to each other so that kinda seems hard and long to build

olauwers 08-28-2007 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPARROW94 (Post 1479)
also i noticed in some pics that the fortesses were very big and all the building were very close to the wall and close to each other so that kinda seems hard and long to build

Yes, which is exactly what real fortresses were like :D