Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scenario Design and Modding (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Helms Deep (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8889)

nightovizard 03-10-2014 04:59 PM

Helms Deep

1 Attachment(s)
I tried to make a castle similar to Helms deep from lord of the rings, you can see a screenshot attached.

But I have aproblem, I want the walls to hover at a certain height and whenever I edit the terrain height, the walls move, and its imposible to connect them correctly. Is there any option that allows me to keep objects in a height while im editing the terrain height? For example locking the objects height, so i can edit the terrain freely.

Konstantin Fomenko 03-11-2014 10:11 AM

Great scenario!
Unfortunately you have to hoover the walls manually each time after changing terrain height - by using the Hoover tool (same ribbon as rotate, delete e.t.c for objects). So it`s best to get terrain right first, and hoover the walls after.

nightovizard 03-11-2014 02:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko (Post 86917)
Great scenario!
Unfortunately you have to hoover the walls manually each time after changing terrain height - by using the Hoover tool (same ribbon as rotate, delete e.t.c for objects). So it`s best to get terrain right first, and hoover the walls after.

Ok i managed to fix the height by editing the hover of the walls. Placed battalions and tried to play it ingame, it Works, the only thing is that i dont know how to make the AI to attack the castle.

nightovizard 03-11-2014 03:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I decided to change sides, so now the player is the attacker, and the map becomes playable:

Although that the AI doesnt close the gates :/

Konstantin Fomenko 03-12-2014 10:04 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Making AI attack is very complicated and requires some sophisticated scripting, but closing the gate is rather simple.

You`d need to execute this script:

Trigger.WhateverTriggerName=function()
Objects.MainGateA:Close()
DisableSelf()
end

Please see pictures attached for details.

If you have more than one gate, lets say 3 gates total, just name them like MainGateB, Main GateC, and use this script instead:

Objects.MainGateB:Close()
Objects.MainGateC:Close()
DisableSelf()
end

Another thing I`d recommend is using these values for light - on the attached picture.

Also if you want to have Trebuchets firing, you might wanna add these commands- that gives Player 1 and 2 Stone.

Player[1].Resource[ResourceType.Stone]=5000
Player[2].Resource[ResourceType.Stone]=5000

You might as well fit it into the same Trigger

DisableSelf()
end

One more thing - I`m guessing Units can pass through these mountains? If so, click on View - Show Hidden Objects. And place this object Other - Collision - there are several objects there - of various size, that can help you block off mountains.

Also if you want to add some Wall Upgrades - user Men - Fortifications - Upgrade objects - you can place Wall Mounted Trebuchets, Oil Pots e.t.c

nightovizard 03-12-2014 10:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko (Post 86934)
Making AI attack is very complicated and requires some sophisticated scripting, but closing the gate is rather simple.

You`d need to execute this script:

DisableSelf()
end

Please see pictures attached for details.

If you have more than one gate, lets say 3 gates total, just name them like MainGateB, Main GateC, and use this script instead:

DisableSelf()
end

Another thing I`d recommend is using these values for light - on the attached picture.

Also if you want to have Trebuchets firing, you might wanna add these commands- that gives Player 1 and 2 Stone.

You might as well fit it into the same Trigger

DisableSelf()
end

One more thing - I`m guessing Units can pass through these mountains? If so, click on View - Show Hidden Objects. And place this object Other - Collision - there are several objects there - of various size, that can help you block off mountains.

Also if you want to add some Wall Upgrades - user Men - Fortifications - Upgrade objects - you can place Wall Mounted Trebuchets, Oil Pots e.t.c

wowowowoWOW AWESOME REPLY, I'm going to try all that right now :)

EDITED:
Scripts didnt work, i writted

DisableSelf()
end

the 3 doors were named MainGateA, MainGateB and MainGateC

Do i have to delete the Objects. part?

Also i dont get the resources.

EDIT 2:
But overall the visuals have improved a lot, i tried deleting the object. part of the script but it didnt work neither. you can see the script yourself attached on a screenshoot.

Konstantin Fomenko 03-12-2014 12:30 PM

Ah this is be-course you created a New Trigger, instead of a New Page. Click the Delete button on that script, and create a new Page (the page icon instead of that blue gear icon)

nightovizard 03-12-2014 04:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko (Post 86941)
Ah this is be-course you created a New Trigger, instead of a New Page. Click the Delete button on that script, and create a new Page (the page icon instead of that blue gear icon)

Ok i did that, and the resources script worked, but not the close doors one :/ Despite that I managed to get an awesome castle siege.

i decided to upload the map in a .rar file. it's my first map on the dow editor so dont expect such great a thing. i'll try to do better things in the near future.

Konstantin Fomenko 03-12-2014 05:53 PM

I found the problem with Gates - you didn`t actually place them:) The object is here: Men-Fortifications-Wall Gate-Wooden

After you place it - name it, and script will work. But don`t forget to remove this script name from the Gatehouse.

Konstantin Fomenko 03-12-2014 05:55 PM

And I must say - this is one of the best fan-made maps we`ve seen so far. A good incentive to consider enabling Steam Workshop for scenario sharing in the future.