Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Orc stronghold (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8861)

Fennr993 02-23-2014 10:20 AM

Orc stronghold

Hey all,

So after a long time a finished my large wooden wall for my orc homeland. But i notice that some palisade remained. I really hoped that i had a full large wooden wall camp like the orc stronghold i siege for quest(Every time i see those i get jealous:D ). But unfortunatly i was dissaponted with the fact that orcs have no full large wooden wall:( . Other players where to and for that reason they abandond their orcs. I know orc stronghold supposed to be weak but a still palisade at the end is a dumper. I suggest to give us orcs a full large wooden wall, like humans and elves have with their stone walls.
I also had a different idea about the orcs strongholds not haveing two layers. Although this i can understand, but maybe it would be nice to also have two layers. But orc strongholds are weak so that would be weird right. Then i looked at nokkrasol and thought, what if the outer layer is palisade and the inner layer is full large wooden wall. That would be cool, but if you don't want to do that, it's fine. But i still would like that you consider the possibility of full large wooden wall.
thx.

Konstantin Fomenko 02-24-2014 09:43 AM

We might revisit this in the upcoming patch 24 - as we did have a lot of requests for this, as majority of our players don`t like the combination look of the Orcish strongholds.

Svulnar 02-24-2014 04:38 PM

I agree that orc walls seem lack luster. Though I have come to appreciate their walls after some sieges that showed they actually had a few upsides. For example paliside walls can not be climbed only knocked down. When your orc town has 2 layers of paliside walls the sum of the two walls is actually more health than a singular bigger wall. Another key mechanic that each orc fortress possess is the "Flood gating" of its gates that allow the orc to seperate enemy forces within gates and slaughter them one at a time. Combine all of this with the fact that orcs can spawn many many squads during a defense as well as the fact we have a much higher resource cap than the other two races, and we are actually fairly well off where the defense is concerned. Not to mention that as far as I have seen orcs have the most mounted siege weaponry that allows them to constantly hammer enemies with flaming projectiles no matter where they run unless they take out all of the outposts.

Konstantin Fomenko 02-25-2014 08:45 AM

Yeah - this is exactly what I was going for when designing these walls. When I played Orcs I could stop most attackers using the flood gating alone. But... most players still don`t like them. The only thing we could do though is to add some more wall segments to complete the circle, we`ll still leave the palisade as is.