Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Archers on walls/towers (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8664)

MaverickHero 01-30-2014 01:28 PM

Archers on walls/towers

I have a question regarding walls - particularly round/square towers.

When I am attacking an enemy (So far all PvE) camp or castle, my archers do little or no damage to enemy archers on walls/towers.

My archers can spend their entire clip (around 500 arrows) and maybe damage 1/100th (very small, like.. a millimeter of damage done) of the enemy archer's health. I notice many shots miss or hit the walls, that is expected. But the shots that do seem to land do almost no damage at all.

Using fire arrows seems to change nothing.

My primary way of dealing with enemy archers on the walls/towers is Dragons and Wizards:cool:

Is this working as intended? Or am I just doing it wrong :)

Thanks all!

ReCoder 01-30-2014 04:03 PM

Towers provide a huge defensive advantage to the archers on them so while it is functioning properly, it is a bit imbalanced. Try storming the walls with siege towers/ladders/treants and running units up the ladder to the top of the tower to pick them off before they do significant damage. Otherwise wizards/dragons are very effective because of splash ^-^

MaverickHero 01-30-2014 05:03 PM

Thanks for the update ReCoder!

Glad to know i'm not missing some obvious trick.

ReCoder 01-30-2014 05:36 PM

No problem!

Gildorn 02-02-2014 06:50 PM

Or do what I do and always bring siege engines (especially my beloved dwarf cannons) in tow and bring the towers down on top of them!

Onomas 02-02-2014 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gildorn (Post 86069)
Or do what I do and always bring siege engines (especially my beloved dwarf cannons) in tow and bring the towers down on top of them!

Yeah i completely switched over to dwarf cannons, 2300 range is just huge. Bring a lot of stone and no city walls will stay up. Pretty accurate also.

But dont line them up in front of a tree or try to use the "shotgun" style weapon when behind anything :) I learned the hard way..... poor knights got shot to bits lol.

But very effective.

Gildorn 02-03-2014 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onomas (Post 86075)
Yeah i completely switched over to dwarf cannons, 2300 range is just huge. Bring a lot of stone and no city walls will stay up. Pretty accurate also.

But dont line them up in front of a tree or try to use the "shotgun" style weapon when behind anything :) I learned the hard way..... poor knights got shot to bits lol.

But very effective.

LOL I got lucky, I only had a battalion of swordsman get shot up so it was fairly easy to replace them :)

Only problem I have with cannons is occasionally they glitch out and the cannons move at super speed which has led me to lose several cannons by them smashing into spike traps.