Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Persistant/Interactive World with Nation War and Politics? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8246)

Xhodan Xeus 09-01-2013 03:24 AM

Persistant/Interactive World with Nation War and Politics?

will we ever see in DoF something like a interactive map? where we see everybodys troops? and or some sort of map with diffrent zones where guilds or players can take it over in exchange for resources. something worth fighting for basicly. not just random pvp but something to take over.
want to see more politics some sort of territory controle or something like that.

Nazar 09-01-2013 07:31 AM

I fully agree with this. I've been playing for about two weeks now, very much enjoyed many aspects of the game, but now the battles and everything else start becoming a bit pointless because of the lack of strategic purpose.

I have more gold and more coins than I will ever need, my castle is fully upgraded, and there's no threat or goal to strive for any more. This is especially true because levelling up troops is only a small tactical advantage. It gives you a few more tactical options, but you will simply face stronger opponents.

PvP is still a fun side game, but a strategic purpose would give the game a longevity that right now is lacking.

Xhodan Xeus 09-02-2013 01:42 AM

no info from the devs?
if something like this is planned or not?

because of right now as Nazar said once you upgraded all your stuff there is not much to do you basicly "beat the game" with territory controle, nation war or whatever there is always politics and conflict going on

Nazar 09-02-2013 11:20 AM

It'a shame, Xhodan Xeus, but it seems that the developers either have given up on this game or they need to take some basic PR classes. The forums seem semi-deserted by mods and devs alike, it's less active than your average student blog.

Last week I told my friend about the game, and ten minutes later he rang me saying that it looks like having a lot of potential, but that judging by the forums it was dead or dying, and that he wasn't going to invest in an indie game like that. And he's not wrong.

Oh well, I gave it my time and some money (bought some unnecessary coins twice to support development), and had a good time playing. Time to move on I guess. Pity.

Hi11Zone 09-02-2013 07:46 PM

Forums are far from dead, we have are slow times and are busy times. We are hard at work on our biggest update ever. So be rest assured we are on it!

Xhodan Xeus 09-03-2013 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi11Zone (Post 83801)
Forums are far from dead, we have are slow times and are busy times. We are hard at work on our biggest update ever. So be rest assured we are on it!

its all good i know the team is working hard to finaly get the pathfinding patch out.

however the question still stands and is i think kinda important for players to know what they want from this game and in what direction the game is headed. so players can make up there mind or know if its a game they want invest in.

realm95 09-05-2013 06:50 PM

Great idea.

I also think the forums is dead i check in daily and theirs usually nothing new maybe just a new comment on a post that's it.

Konstantin Fomenko 09-13-2013 11:27 AM

Looks like things did indeed slowed down in the past 2 weeks. But we hope to see things come to live with-in the next two weeks - with patch 20 and pathfinding we`ll be inviting our old players to come back.

And aside from pathfinding we`ve been working on tons of amazing cool stuff - from the new magic free expansion pack to another secret project that we`ll be ready to announce later this fall.

Hamm3R 09-15-2013 04:50 AM

i must say that a real goal is actually what is missing to this game so far. Tho op is right, as soon as you get your citiy developped and most of your units maxed out ... you have not much left to do.

There have to be some more in depth mecanics with the pvp and globally what you call the "mmo-rts" part. Fighting for territories as a faction is a good start, also you can add some kind of pvp ladder to actually make it reawardind aside from getting crowns (which becomes pretty much useless anyway once you get all you wanted), the ladder would give a goal, and actually it could give ppl that meet certain conditions some privileges, such as ... building other cities or outposts (i read somewhere an idea about being able to siege those colonies regardless of army streght which i thought was pretty good) and the would allow to expend influence on other territories to make you faction "win".

The option to see other player's citys on the world map should be added too, (and camps) ... and i think the best way to deal with the fact that if there are too few players with too different army scales they can't fight ... just make a system life for the solo mission that allows one to select what he is bringing into battle so he can match his forces to the equivalent in strenght of the city/camp he is attacking.

This would smooth the pvp mechanics a lot, because sometimes it can take ages to find a suitable pvp match, even when you roam the map with 4 or 5 different armies of different strenght.

Konstantin Fomenko 09-16-2013 10:49 AM

Exactly what we`ve been thinking how to change for the past while. While I can`t promise we`ll see all of this changed in DoF this year - I have high hopes to what the new year will bring - be it updates to DoF...or something else...