Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   map editor (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82)

kingtom256 08-07-2007 11:38 AM

map editor

Will the map editor be availabe for xbox 360?

Joseph Visscher 08-07-2007 11:49 AM

Welcome Kingtom,
I would think the Xbox version would not have any editor, but there will probibly be a way to download usermade maps if you have the internet connection to your X-box; I doubt it but then again maybe it will have an editor for X-box. :)

jap88 08-07-2007 12:31 PM

It would be cool to see an editor for the 360 even if it is a little...complicated.

Darvin 08-07-2007 01:55 PM

Most editors require the ability to type for practical reasons. Even if Reverie gets around that for most features, there's still the matter of scripting, and if my experience with Warcraft and Starcraft maps means anything, scripted maps are by far the most popular.

The Witch King of Angmar 08-07-2007 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darvin (Post 1017)
Most editors require the ability to type for practical reasons. Even if Reverie gets around that for most features, there's still the matter of scripting, and if my experience with Warcraft and Starcraft maps means anything, scripted maps are by far the most popular.

Are scripted maps maps with words? And another question, would the editor, if made, be available for the PC?

Thanks

Darvin 08-07-2007 07:00 PM

It would be pretty shocking if the editor wasn't available for PC.

In my experience, very few games incorperate GUI scripting systems. Warcraft III and Starcraft are two games that have done it, but they're the only ones I'm aware of. In any case, even these games still required keyboard input for many scripting functions.

jap88 08-07-2007 08:52 PM

It is possible to put in an in-game keyboard with the editor for scripting purposes on the 360, as i find most triggers don't require that much typing. You could also make it keyboard compatible, if thats possible, with the USB keyboards that you can plug in on the 360.

Konstantin Fomenko 08-07-2007 11:27 PM

Good question!

Yes, Dawn of Fantasy will ship with a fully-developer- supported Editor (a feature rarely seen). We take utmost case and pride with our editor and can`t wait to share it`s power with future DoF players.

DoF editor, just like WC3 and SC editors fully support GUI scripting. We plan to add really easy to use trigger system as well.

And as far as Editor for Xbox goes, it`s possible to make one, but list of limitation would just be waaay too large and controls too clumsy. However, we do hope to be able to offer our Xbox players easy access to maps made by PC players.

Silent_Lamb 08-07-2007 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko (Post 1028)
Good question!

Yes, Dawn of Fantasy will ship with a fully-developer- supported Editor (a feature rarely seen). We take utmost case and pride with our editor and can`t wait to share it`s power with future DoF players.

DoF editor, just like WC3 and SC editors fully support GUI scripting. We plan to add really easy to use trigger system as well.

And as far as Editor for Xbox goes, it`s possible to make one, but list of limitation would just be waaay too large and controls too clumsy. However, we do hope to be able to offer our Xbox players easy access to maps made by PC players.

I actually find it very reassuring for the xbox 360 players that they will have access to the PC made maps.

Timeshifters managed to do it with minor triggers and map making, although it was horribly done on there part and badly limited. I think it could still be done, but as you said the limitations would be too large to even bother.

jap88 08-08-2007 08:49 AM

Would the editor be a seperate program from the actual game? That way Xbox 360 players could get the map editor on their comps and make maps without having to buy the full game on both the 360 and PC.