Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Question about weather (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=818)

Aametherar 08-31-2009 02:46 PM

Question about weather

Will weather be on a global scale? I think a weather system would be kinda awesome for the MMO mode, where it's nto just random weather changes but patterns across the globe meaning some places like deserts it rarely rains or the storms break before they get there etc. Same with on the battlefield based on location and time of day in the MMO mode it would have weather based on that area of the globe. Seasons etc. would be awesome. So I guess my question is, will there be global weather patterns? Or is it just randomized? Or is it currently undecided?

LiTos456 08-31-2009 03:05 PM

oh man, good idea. It would be awesome to have some nice weather effects. I want some weather type where everything is glowing and there's little white leaves flying around and stuff. That looks soo awesome!

Konstantin Fomenko 08-31-2009 04:07 PM

You got it. The weather, and seasons are global. And some regions like Brakental desert it never rains and always summer.

Darathor 08-31-2009 04:57 PM

That's awesome! It's great how realistic you guys are making the mmo map! But can it rain in the desert like, once or twice every few months? It would be nice to time attacks on the foolish orcs for when the rare storm hits.:D It would be like a plague that they would have to watch out for when a storm hits.

Darvin 08-31-2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

And some regions like Brakental desert it never rains and always summer.
As in never? Even the Sahara occasionally gets rain. Would be a great Easter-egg if once in a blue moon you actually did get weird weather that was out of character for the region.

sneaky_squirrel 08-31-2009 07:57 PM

I agree there should be at least a 2 % chsnce of rain in the deserts ;p.

Aametherar 08-31-2009 11:05 PM

Well first off I have to say that's great news Konstantin Fomenko, I have to admit I am quite pleasantly surprised. I hope that day/night also affect weather (as in colder), and also have different weather affect troops, or their equipment differently, it would add an element of strategic attacks based on the weather. In any case I must say that is really awesome! I gotta say i'm impressed three two thumbs up! (I stole some humans thumbs too) gives out a loud orc roar of laughter. (which honestly sounds more like a roar than any human laughter)

sneaky_squirrel 08-31-2009 11:14 PM

Yep, this weather system took me surprised as well ;p.

Can't wait to get my army through a snowstorm XD.

LiTos456 09-01-2009 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko (Post 17589)
You got it. The weather, and seasons are global. And some regions like Brakental desert it never rains and always summer.

Yes! Awesome! Dude that was the coolest thing you've said since I got here.

The Witch King of Angmar 09-01-2009 02:30 PM

Now, how will things like snow storms affect units? Will they be slower in traveling have less of a line of sight? (I don't think sickness or hypothermia would be in this game.)

Thanks