Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   pop system (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=812)

wills370 08-28-2009 12:10 PM

pop system

how does the pop system work in game?

I was just thinking about it wheather the troops would be drawn from a peasant rescource. E.g. Have to wait and keep them happy to create lots of little peasants and future warriors :P

Or if its like another standered game and they are just produced from a limitless pool of men. (and women)

And will there be a upper limit to the pop cap?

and is the economic pop cap seperate to the warrior. Or all in one?

Just a few questions if anyone knows the answer and thought it would make a intresting point for discussion.

sneaky_squirrel 08-28-2009 02:09 PM

You have awaken my curiosity, let's see what other people have to say ;p.

wills370 08-28-2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneaky_squirrel (Post 17402)
You have awaken my curiosity, let's see what other people have to say ;p.

glad to hear it and yep! Only time will tell. Lets hope this thread takes off so we can get some answers.

Darathor 08-28-2009 03:31 PM

Units take up population and you build more houses to raise the population cap.
The cap is around 1000 in skirmish, but I believe (and hope) that it is larger in mmorts mode.

wills370 08-28-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darathor (Post 17442)
Units take up population and you build more houses to raise the population cap.
The cap is around 1000 in skirmish, but I believe (and hope) that it is larger in mmorts mode.

Cool, is the economic (gathers) governed by that pop cap (the houses) or another?

And do the houses have inhabitants which you have to wait to mature etc? Or is it just build a house and the cap raises instantly?

and yeah hopefully the 1000 cap will be alot bigger on the MMORTS

Konstantin Fomenko 08-28-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

I was just thinking about it wheather the troops would be drawn from a peasant rescource
This is sort of how Orcs work in-game. Orc player get a slow income of free Orc units. You can choose for these free Orc units to wield a bow and knife and be a hunter/food gathering unit, or a laborer unit - for gathering other resources, and building.

And majority of Orcish troops (not counting Ogres, Goblins or various beast units) will be drawn from these free Orc "peasants."

For example you select a bunch of these free Orcs, task them into one of the Orc War buildings - and they`ll be given right weapons there to become a certain type of military units (depending on the building you task them in). After you give them weapons and turn them into soldiers, you can choose to task them into one of the beast building - to get them to become mounted units, or task them into the temple, to further train them to a 2nd level military units.

So you can say that with Orcs - these free Orc peasants are a resource.

Darvin 08-28-2009 07:18 PM

Sounds cool; I'm starting to get an idea for the wildly diverging economies of the three races.

The Witch King of Angmar 08-28-2009 07:34 PM

I would love to see an example of how much of the pop cap, say a regular orc soldier would take up to get an example of how many units could be created in your army. Also, how are units such as ogres created since they aren't made from these "peasant" orcs? Is a building just built where they are created?

Thanks

Darvin 08-28-2009 07:43 PM

My guess is that ogres don't take up these population points, but probably cost a huge amount of food.

The Witch King of Angmar 08-28-2009 07:46 PM

Honestly, I could see them costing both food and pop. points.