Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Miscellanous units (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809)

sneaky_squirrel 08-27-2009 04:40 PM

Miscellanous units

Introduction:

Hi, I am sneaky squirrel :D, I first heard about this game a few years ago. After a few weeks of stalking in these forums, a great sadness stroke me when I found out it was far from finished...so I vanished.

Few years later I find this again and once more begin stalking, I found a fan site and thought maybe I should join and get a little updated on the game, just then I find out a contest is being hosted and so I decide that maybe I should try and enter it for fun, one thing led to another and bam the site has awarded me the ancient key from the ancient sage "BeTa" said to be able to open the gates to the first age.

The point of this thread:

I was just wondering, since I plan to request the ancient instrument of world crafting (Editor),
will any miscellaneous units (Not available in skirmish or MMORPG) be included or will be included later on besides the dragon units?

LiTos456 08-27-2009 06:54 PM

To respond to your introduction, I'm glad dofsource has given you a well entrance to the community and well, the game itself obviously. You must feel funny how you just came around to be here again and suddenly bam, you're in the first CB. :)

And to respond to your question, I actually don't think so, because I'm sure they'll use all they got in the rest of the game. However players can make mods, so obviously there will probably be plenty of those made by players in no time. And dofsource is there to host it! :D Sorry, just had to stick that in.

sneaky_squirrel 08-27-2009 07:44 PM

Yeah feels very weird, and awesome as well, If I'm correct it should start around September - October (Or at least fairly close to that), right? :rolleyes:

Right forgot about the expansion, let's hope many modders take interest in this game. :cool:

I guess I'll have to keep myself entertained in something else until all the "exhausting" work commences :D .

MrBlack103 08-27-2009 09:22 PM

I think there'd be plenty of miscellaneous units in the editor, such as a random dwarf warrior or something.

Darvin 08-27-2009 09:56 PM

Presumably we'll have access to any content that was created specifically for the campaign or for NPC's that populate maps (both in skirmish and MMO mode). Other than that, it's difficult to say what will be available. Hopefully we'll see the ability to import custom models into our map, enabling community members with modeling experience to create custom content.

sneaky_squirrel 08-27-2009 10:21 PM

Now that I think of it, I did hear about DoF supporting mods, if these could be easily installed/uninstalled with some kind of program, we could make singleplayer maps with custom units with ease ;p.

Aametherar 08-27-2009 10:52 PM

From what i've heard we will be able to create custom units right down to the skin and spells, 100% unique, but don't think it's an easy task. As for the editor maybe if we're lucky we'l see a few units that were cut from the final product/may be added in the future in it. Optimistic is a couple cut units at most i'd imagine, and that's if we're lucky.

LiTos456 08-28-2009 08:19 AM

Lol we should be able to make units like heroes in BFME2.

FlaschePommes 08-28-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiTos456 (Post 17392)
Lol we should be able to make units like heroes in BFME2.

A visual customisation only like armour, haircoulour etc would be fine for me.

Will there be custom banners or coat of arms? That would be very interesting, too.

sneaky_squirrel 08-28-2009 02:11 PM

Custom banners would be really cool ;p.