Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Connection Issues Explained (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7769)

Konstantin Fomenko 06-20-2013 12:39 PM

Connection Issues Explained

We had a few reports of players getting "Connection to the City Failed" or "Connection Timed Out" errors - and as much as we hate to admit it - our server has hit a temporary limit - that we are working on increasing right now.

Meanwhile you still should be able to login - just try it a few times, and wait about 30 seconds after each try. The afternoon player rush should end in about 3 hours and you should be able to get online with no problems.

We have a fix for this ready, but unfortunately it would require us to restart the server, and we can`t really do it yet - as so many players would complain about 5 minutes downtime... We do plan to do this sometime during late night once there are less players online.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience. And thanks for all the support guys! We are glad to see thousands of you enjoying the game - and I guess this is just one of these "pleasant" issues - we just never imagined so many players enjoying DoF: Kingdom Wars.

Crunchynut 06-20-2013 01:00 PM

lol, loving it.

Nice to know so many are playing :)

Wilffio 06-20-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crunchynut (Post 81530)
lol, loving it.

Nice to know so many are playing :)

i agree :)

Barudar 06-20-2013 03:00 PM

agreed, this may suck right now, but I'm glad to see the game does have a good amount of people playing!

Sgtonearm 06-20-2013 04:27 PM

just bought it, thought it was me, glad to see it wasnt. Guess ill play single player for a while! learn the game some!

Irkala 06-20-2013 05:24 PM

Nice to know it wasn't just me but on the other hand, I've been trying for 5 hours now...

Konstantin Fomenko 06-20-2013 05:31 PM

Update on the issue - we will have this resolved at 2am tonight.

dlkhalo 06-21-2013 12:39 AM

I'm loving your game and I thought it was just me. Thank you for making such a great game and caring about your players enough to post an explanation

crazyb0b 06-21-2013 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko (Post 81514)
We had a few reports of players getting "Connection to the City Failed" or "Connection Timed Out" errors - and as much as we hate to admit it - our server has hit a temporary limit - that we are working on increasing right now.

Meanwhile you still should be able to login - just try it a few times, and wait about 30 seconds after each try. The afternoon player rush should end in about 3 hours and you should be able to get online with no problems.

We have a fix for this ready, but unfortunately it would require us to restart the server, and we can`t really do it yet - as so many players would complain about 5 minutes downtime... We do plan to do this sometime during late night once there are less players online.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience. And thanks for all the support guys! We are glad to see thousands of you enjoying the game - and I guess this is just one of these "pleasant" issues - we just never imagined so many players enjoying DoF: Kingdom Wars.

It is awesome that you guys are so honest and open about what was happening. I think this is one of the first times I have seen what with a gaming company. Kudos to you guys, and congrats on the large boost in population.

GiGi 06-21-2013 11:40 AM

Will not connect to the server

Hi there, I'm not getting the "Connection to the City Failed" or "Connection Timed Out" errors BUT it will not allow me to connect to the server at ALL. I have turned off the firewall and my internet connectivity is working properly.