Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Second DoFSource.com beta key contest: Create-A-Race! (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=768)

LiTos456 08-04-2009 09:39 AM

Second DoFSource.com beta key contest: Create-A-Race!

Ok children, we're back with more!
DoFSource has now setup a second contest, sticking to the little idea of being able to create your own stuff.
Last time you created your own units, which were also looked on by some of the development team of course, and won 3 of you beta keys.
This time, you'll be creating a whole race! Now that'll finally be a good place to spit out all your ideas that you've kept inside for god knows how long, and of course I'll make sure the developers take a good look at your entries, and perhaps take one or two of them and stick them in the closet for later use. :)

Anyway, here's how it goes:
You post the following details:

Race name:
Description:
Units (no specific stats here, just names and types):
History/About/Whatever else.

The history/about is for anything else. Could be special abilities, notes, history, umm.... I don't know, the kind of food they eat? Use your imagination.
So yeah, it's easy, but obviously you guys will be writing up essays on how magically wonderful your race is.
So go ahead onto dofsource and post your entries. This time, everyone can vote, including guests! So be sure to buckle up and make some good entries, because you'll need them soon.

Enjoy and good luck everyone! Yeah same deal, 3 winners, etc.
Deadline is august 22nd.
BUT I'M NOT DONE YET! :eek:

Whoever can guess what the 3rd Dofsource beta key contest will be, will get 1 free vote automatically added to their entry! :D

God bless Billy Mays!

Darathor 08-04-2009 01:49 PM

Ahh, sweet! Another contest! This will cool to see all of the ideas people come up with.

Aametherar 08-04-2009 06:34 PM

Design a game...or map hah, I wish (wants hands on map editor) lol. Anyways best of luck all I think you might want to limit the text in the description and history area litos, even if its a page worth, some may go way too far there.

LiTos456 08-04-2009 07:14 PM

I don't want to put limits unless I'll see that I need to, but thanks for the headsup.

nickson104 08-05-2009 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darathor (Post 16641)
Ahh, sweet! Another contest! This will cool to see all of the ideas people come up with.

Aye... But I was the one who dared to go first and be judged... :p Plus the fact that everyone else is going to take tips off the previous posts and the ideas will get better as we go along... :) Should be quite cool :) Im expecting some cool races to pop up :)

Aametherar 08-05-2009 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickson104 (Post 16647)
Aye... But I was the one who dared to go first and be judged... :p Plus the fact that everyone else is going to take tips off the previous posts and the ideas will get better as we go along... :) Should be quite cool :) Im expecting some cool races to pop up :)

I like your style! I used the same excuse last contest! ~heads off to check out your post~

nickson104 08-05-2009 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aametherar (Post 16648)
I like your style! I used the same excuse last contest! ~heads off to check out your post~

Indeed, but it is a valid excuse because it IS true... But either way it doesnt really matter :) the main thing is having fun... And that I did :) :p

LiTos456 08-05-2009 08:50 AM

Come on people chop chop lol. Dofsource always has the most interesting contests :)

Darathor 08-05-2009 01:35 PM

Is the next contest going to be create-a-spell?

nickson104 08-06-2009 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiTos456 (Post 16650)
Come on people chop chop lol. Dofsource always has the most interesting contests :)

Indeed :) Chop chop people... I want to see another entry sometime... And seeing as I am leaving for holidays early tomorrow morning then I have little chance seeing one unless someone makes an entry TODAY... Please.... Someone? :)