Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Custom Formations (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=742)

Darathor 07-14-2009 01:19 PM

Custom Formations

A cool feature for DoF would be to let people create their own formations.

A way to do it would be to let a player set specific areas for specific units, such as, ranged units will be in the area designated for ranged units and melee units will go into their designated area etc. and then the player could name their new formation and have a button in-game that could be that formation, or there could be a "Custom Formation" button that opens up to show all your custom formations.

Also, if this is implemented, It would be great if you could have areas that apply to multiple unit types like: an infantry and/or calvary zone, and the player could choose to have both or have one unit type preferred. Like, if you had infantry and calvary, and you choose a formation that has an infantry and/or calvary zone, then the preferred unit would go there and the other unit would go to another area in the formation.

SPARROW94 07-14-2009 01:21 PM

That wouldnt work out good at all!? Like man archers and melee units in ONE battlelion!?

Darathor 07-14-2009 01:23 PM

No, the different types of battalions would have a set place in the formation.
Like infantry on both sides and archers in the middle.

SPARROW94 07-14-2009 01:26 PM

hmm now i see.. but like could this actuily be pulled off? i mean i have never seen a game implement a feature like this? maybe you could pull it off in starcraft (micromanage) but they would probably use the same old formula, (i.e 15-20 clones in a battlelion, clones engage enemy clones)

Darathor 07-14-2009 01:28 PM

It would be kind of complex to make, but if they could then you could see some more complicated battle tactics.

SPARROW94 07-14-2009 01:33 PM

and noobs will be utterly crushed. These tactis would work good, but im a far range person bows & arrows and some (Elf pikemen? ) and 1 sorcer are good enough, so i can see some magical tactics being pulled off regardless ,

It would be a nice feature, but seems like there could be possible flaws and complex for some individuals.

Aametherar 07-14-2009 01:47 PM

Just make it so you can create custom formations like (dare I say it) Shattered Galaxy. Hate mentioning that game again makes me feel 1 dimensional but yeah.

Andy Joslin 07-14-2009 05:14 PM

This idea, while it would be interesting to use, would take an insane amount of time to implement, time which we don't have (unless you want us to not finish the game in time, therefore having our publisher ditch us, our developers starve, and the game never be released :p)