Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Support (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   can not mute sound (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7358)

Lordchopf 04-26-2013 04:28 PM

can not mute sound

if i turn down volume to 0 the music just starts to play regardless of sound options after a few minutes. it is quite annoying, the ingame music is very fitting and all but after countless hours i am good...
i am even open to temporary remove some files so no music will be played at all but i guess the game would start to crash

PolleDK 04-27-2013 01:11 AM

Same

Got the same problem. Turning down music to '0', 1 min later, it's back, but the setting is still set to '0'.

That's annoying.

Brian Shingles 04-27-2013 06:45 AM

Sorry about the sound issues. I did have a partial fix for this in place, but removed it so I could prove to another dev that there was an underlying issue that needed fixing.

Unfortunately that change was included in the last patch.

I'll add back in my partial fix when we patch (could be this Sunday) and we will work on a better solution.

There is an alternative method of controlling the games volume that you could try that I posted in another thread:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Shingles (Post 78569)
  1. With Dawn of Fantasy open, Alt-Tab to go to the desktop
  2. Right-click on the Speaker icon in your System Tray
  3. Select Volume Mixer
  4. Adjust volume for Dawn of Fantasy or mute it

Hullu Hevonen 04-27-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Shingles (Post 79605)
Sorry about the sound issues. I did have a partial fix for this in place, but removed it so I could prove to another dev that there was an underlying issue that needed fixing.

Unfortunately that change was included in the last patch.

I'll add back in my partial fix when we patch (could be this Sunday) and we will work on a better solution.

There is an alternative method of controlling the games volume that you could try that I posted in another thread:

Is there any similar method for Win XP users? I am though considering to change back to win 7

PolleDK 04-27-2013 09:02 AM

Brian Shingles:

Thanks for the answer, good to know it's a known issue, and that something will be done.

Cheers!

Brian Shingles 04-27-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hullu Hevonen (Post 79609)
Is there any similar method for Win XP users? I am though considering to change back to win 7

There isn't the same in-built option for Win XP, unfortuantely, only third-party applications like Indie Volume.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PolleDK (Post 79613)
Thanks for the answer, good to know it's a known issue, and that something will be done.

No worries. Hopefully we can get this sorted soon.

Lordchopf 04-27-2013 12:38 PM

thanks allot

GiGi 06-07-2013 12:07 AM

Windows 8

Same problem here, can't mute sound. I'm running windows 8, not sure if that matters. When I mute the sound it lasts until I move the screen. Kind of annoying because I have to exit the game, use main volume controls on my pc, then reload the game. Thanks