Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   First DoFSource.com beta key contest started! (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=730)

LiTos456 07-08-2009 04:32 PM

[POLL STARTED! VOTE ON DOFSOURCE.COM]First DoFSource.com beta key contest started!

Hey guys!
I've finally been able to start the first beta key contest on dofsource.
In this contest, you must create a unit by describing him in a very detailed way, stating each of his stats, descriptions, and any extra information (if you have a back story, or how you came up with the unit, or anything like that post it).
Also, you can make an illustration of the unit. That will help people imagine your unit better. However, the drawing must be completely original, and not taken from anyone elses' illustration whether it is from this contest or anywhere on the internet.
You must submit all your submissions on dofsource.com forum, in this thread. The thing is that, I don't want to have to run around 2 different websites collecting submissions, and I want them in one place there.
There will be 3 winners, and they will be decided by a public poll (the people voting may include reverie and dofsource staff), so your ideas might not only be judged by other members, but developers and admins as well.
Also, the deadline is now Thursday, July 16th. If anybody wants to make an entry, please submit it before that date.

Have fun and good luck, I can't wait to see some ideas! :D

Aametherar 07-08-2009 04:34 PM

Aww, i'd enter but I can't draw i'd imagine any good artist would wipe the wall of anyone with a good unit/backstory :P

LiTos456 07-08-2009 04:58 PM

A good artist would only give the people a better description of what he looks like.
The drawing is more like an extra, just for fun if anybody wants to do it, but it's not necessary. I actually edited the post a little to make it clearer, sorry.
You really don't need to be an artist to enter. Besides, why miss the chance anyway?

Aametherar 07-08-2009 05:00 PM

I guess I could try my hand at pixel art, hah! Also because i'm not creative, I guess you're right though, i'll give it a shot i'm desperate :P

LiTos456 07-08-2009 05:02 PM

If I were to enter this contest I'd draw some stickman just for fun :P You can really do anything, if you want your unit to have 2 swords for example, I'd draw a stickman with 2 sticks in his hands. I'm not much of an artist either xD
And also, this isn't the last contest, there will be more (probably 2-3 more contests I think), although winners of a contest can't participate in the next one.

LiTos456 07-10-2009 10:40 AM

bump
Anybody else going to enter? There's way more people here than just Aametherar. We'd need more entries if we want some good competition.

Aametherar 07-10-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiTos456 (Post 15855)
bump
Anybody else going to enter? There's way more people here than just Aametherar. We'd need more entries if we want some good competition.

Nono, competition is bad, very baadd...must...win! Actually i'm kinda hoping to get in early off forum activity alone, and if that is the case I wouldn't want to get anothers beta key :P. Cmon guys support the fansite, a lot of work has been put into it, and it shows.

Puppeteer 07-10-2009 12:14 PM

Heck it's only been two days, give people a chance.

Kire 07-10-2009 12:21 PM

I am also not an artist, i do only stickmen =), but i think i will give it a try just for fun if not for win=) (will make it this night so dont stop the contest till than =P).

zach12wqasxz 07-10-2009 01:22 PM

are we allowed to create units of mixed races? like say elvish and dragon or something? and say if we take a picture but then draw it ourselves will that count because i drew it? i cant really draw well from my own imagination. i have to look at something and then i can draw really well from there (not tracing, i hate it when ppl think i traced a drawing)