Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Another graphical overhaul (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725)

LiTos456 07-06-2009 01:23 PM

Another graphical overhaul

Would you guys like the game to have another graphical overhaul, which would take an extra 2 month for it to release?
Personally, I would. I really wish the game looked much better, and so that I could take advantage of my computer for it. The graphics should look like battleforge's, I liked their style, and not like empire total war's. Battleforge's graphics look fun, bright and colorful, it would add fantasy to the game and enjoyment.

Puppeteer 07-06-2009 02:16 PM

No, I don't think it needs it. Graphics isn't its prime purpose. They look peach & dandy as it is.

Darvin 07-06-2009 02:36 PM

What a lovely and unbiased poll you have going here.

Anyways, I have yet to eat lunch, so a cookie sounds pretty tempting :-P

Andy Joslin 07-06-2009 02:47 PM

If we get the funding, it would be a nice thing to do (it would also give the other parts of the game more time to be shaped out).

Aametherar 07-06-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puppeteer (Post 15708)
No, I don't think it needs it. Graphics isn't its prime purpose. They look peach & dandy as it is.

What more needs to be said, as long as it's not hard on the eyes I don't think many RTS players care about the graphics. Heck I still play Warlords Battlecry III for the gameplay. Look how many still play Starcraft. RTS's have never been about the graphics, leave that to the RPGs and FPS's. Performance and playability for more people are more important IMO. Especially considering the scale of battles planned.

Kire 07-06-2009 03:07 PM

I just looove good graphic, especially on RTS, so i would wait 2 more months and hope they will get funds =).
The only problem is because this game is not for mac, so i will have to play it on my laptop which isnt powerful =). (i dont have boot camp x.x)

Darathor 07-06-2009 04:43 PM

Graphics are fine, let me please play the game soon, and please let it be awesome.:D

Grizzlez 07-06-2009 05:13 PM

I'd never complain about better graphics, as long as they don't place too much unnecessary strain on computer performance. I'd much rather have even bigger armies than better graphics so somewhere in the middle would be great.

LiTos456 07-06-2009 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aametherar (Post 15712)
What more needs to be said, as long as it's not hard on the eyes I don't think many RTS players care about the graphics. Heck I still play Warlords Battlecry III for the gameplay. Look how many still play Starcraft. RTS's have never been about the graphics, leave that to the RPGs and FPS's. Performance and playability for more people are more important IMO. Especially considering the scale of battles planned.

Nobody here says that they care about graphics more.
If you assume that I dislike the current graphics, I don't, I just think better graphics couldn't hurt. Of course the gameplay comes first (which I hope will be good itself).

szebus 07-06-2009 11:46 PM

I want that cookie promised :D and the graphics are good enough, the gameplay is important.