Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Leaving Match Whilst Online (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=711)

zach12wqasxz 06-28-2009 09:29 PM

Leaving Match Whilst Online

i have not seen anything about this anywhere on the forum so i thought i might just ask.....what happens if say im playing other people online and i have to leave? will i be able to pause the game to go do whatever i have to do and hold up the other seven players? or will the game keep going for them and while im gone they are beefing up thier armies and strongholds so when i get back in the game i get slaughtered or they already slaughterd me ( like in halo 3 you pause the game and still be killed by someone still playing) i was just wondering because i dont see all 8 people being able to wage war for 2 hours(or however long it takes) and not have to stop playing or anything.

Generation 06-28-2009 09:43 PM

I think it would b the second choice most likely. Many people are impatient so reverie will 100% most likely will not it will prolly b buffing their armies up if u dont want to b killed or have something to do later on dont play a game online

zach12wqasxz 06-28-2009 09:58 PM

why would i start a game if i know i have to do something later, im not ******ed. its just when you start playing a million things could happen that you maybe didnt see coming like say you start playing and 20 minutes later you have to take a huge crap!(just an example) what then!?! hold it for an hour? on other games you can at least go hide for a little while where no one will find you but on dof you wont be able to hide from the other seven players, i think that the devs should take this into consideration while making the mmo part of the game because i dont know about you but i dont want to get back to my game after spending 3 minutes helping my poor old sick mother with the groceries ( again just an example) to find that i got pulverized while i was gone and see my village are in ruins and my overall rank down.

Alex Walz 06-28-2009 11:51 PM

If you are in the middle of a battle and, for whatever reason, quit, it will be considered the same as resigning from the battle. So you won't lose any troops after signing off but you will lose some resources as a resignation tribute.

Generation 06-29-2009 01:20 AM

Oh yeah i forgot bout that part lol

Kire 06-29-2009 03:42 AM

I think he is talking about online 8 player skirmish mod, not mmo. So if you have to go there it is just same as any other rts game ... you may leave yourself there and pray that noeone gona kill you meanwhile or you just quit/go out =loose/give up, nothing special really. And later when you have again time you join new one.