Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Player Help (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Elven swamp advantage = ? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6945)

Altariel 04-07-2013 02:13 PM

Elven swamp advantage = ?

When you wish to start a new game as an Elf, you are offered three ecological environments : mountain, swamp, forest.

The general description of the swamp ecology (located in the Erthee L'Bala region) declares :

Quote:

Swamp terrain gives huge defensive advantage on home territory
Being a rather defensive builder (the contrary of an offensive warrior), this appeals to me, but I have no idea what "huge defensive advantage" exactly means.

Following the general description, the bonuses and penalties are precisely detailed, but I cannot figure out how that information represents a "huge defensive advantage", considering that there are penalties and that the word "huge" should correspond to something that can be precisely identified.

Sovelis 04-07-2013 04:29 PM

well think of a swamp. If you built a fort on the only dry spot of a swamp where are the attackers going to be? in the marshy area which would slow them down or stop them completely.

But for this game just scroll to the bottem of the discription and it will give your the bonuses and minuses for each area

Altariel 04-07-2013 05:58 PM

Thanks for your reply, fellow Elf, but I had already figured out your two points :

1. I intuitively understood that a swamp would slow down the attackers, but I was seeking a more precisely quantitative answer :

What exact parameters does the game program compute when sieges occur in a swamp region, parameters granting the Elven defender which "huge advantages" ?

2. As I said in my original post, I did read the part of the region's description where bonuses (and penalties) are enumerated, but I did not notice there any bonus specifically associated with a swamp ecology.

Perhaps only a developer could answer my query, since game developers do have access to the parameters that are considered in the game program's code.

Joseph Visscher 04-07-2013 09:58 PM

Typo? heh. I can think of one advantage, no wildfire of any sort in or outside of your stronghold... elves don't start fires anyway, so defence against a dragon army might be easier...

Altariel 04-08-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher (Post 77534)

Typo?

Thanks for your reply, dear multifaceted developer. I suppose that you are implying that the word "huge" should not have been inserted in the description of the Elven swamp region. If such is the case, I can accept that a swamp advantages a defender (such as with not having wildfires, as you mention). The expression "huge defensive advantage" might then be misleading, since the term "huge" would require to be associated with at least one very significant bonus, which we should be able to perceive as a precise quantitative parameter.

If I ignore the word "huge", I am satisfied with the answers provided. Thanks again to all.