Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Player Help (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Best things to spend crowns on? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6839)

Parallax 04-05-2013 02:31 PM

Best things to spend crowns on?

Alright, so I got these crowns, now I read that I should spend them on research, so I go to my storehouse..and behold, each gathering thing has 2 options, neither of which I know what do, yes they have descriptions, but which of the two is better?
Gather Rate or say, Chopping, for wood.

Don't want to waste resources and Crowns on something thats not as good as the other, granted i'm sure they are both very helpful, but which is best for the first crowns you spend? :/

Zvonzi 04-05-2013 02:51 PM

I can speak only for myself, but since i'm always lacking wood, i would take chopping :D

FinKone 04-05-2013 02:53 PM

Save them for down the road for research and so forth. Don't use them yet if ya don't really know what they are for - you'll soon find out.

vicious666 04-05-2013 02:55 PM

range = dwarf shooters
shock troops = melee dmg dwarwen battlers
tank troops = dwarf axeman
economy = more gold/stone dwarf miners (i suggest new player to replace all theyr humans workers with dwarfs)

royal dragon (imho minor are useless )

protector = more area heal for your army (have same skill of main hero)
dragon slayer = for kill dragons

Parallax 04-05-2013 03:48 PM

Should I even buy the research upgrades from the storehouse though? Is what i meant to ask i guess. Thanks for all the other advice to though!

Parallax 04-05-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicious666 (Post 76911)
range = dwarf shooters
shock troops = melee dmg dwarwen battlers
tank troops = dwarf axeman
economy = more gold/stone dwarf miners (i suggest new player to replace all theyr humans workers with dwarfs)

royal dragon (imho minor are useless )

protector = more area heal for your army (have same skill of main hero)
dragon slayer = for kill dragons

So when do you recommend buying the dwarf miners? When they are on sale or?
Cause they are 5 atm, and just noting, i'm not looking to do ANY micro-transactions, ever. Paid my 15, staying at that.

Brian Shingles 04-05-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

i'm not looking to do ANY micro-transactions, ever. Paid my 15, staying at that.
I don't blame you, the Crowns are easy enough to earn in game that you shouldn't ever need to buy them if you are willing to spend some time playing (which is what a game is for anyway :D).

Some people are earning more Crowns from playing for a day than you would get for $10.

It's only really there as an option for those who can't spend the time earning it and want to do the larger scale battles sooner.

vicious666 04-05-2013 06:16 PM

i suggest player to upgrade theyr economy first, gold means train higher your troops, higher troops means make very fast quest and siege, that give you crowns.

this game is primarly an economy rts + mmo, you need first a solid economy, so higher income and upgrades are a priority, dont rush units or walls , the income will make you build units that will start from lev 5 instead 1,

1 get dwarf miners
2 upgrade all resource income options
3 upgrade your stockpile options
4 upgrade your unit production buildings to lev 5
5 get units lev 5 and train them at list to lev 10 first upgrade all resistance than hp regen than hp,
6) quest and get crowns,
7) once you have at list 20 units lev 10+ make your city walls, and upgrade the defences, so when you will start to being attacked by other players you will be rdy

if you do that way after 2-3 day of play you able to get 30-40 crowns in 1h of questing (i do only pvp right now with my lev 20 units and can raise even 100 crown in 1h )

Parallax 04-05-2013 07:21 PM

Do you suggest I just use all crowns off the bat to get dwarven miners? Or?

vicious666 04-06-2013 02:17 PM

enought for get your gold workers replaced my dwarf miners