Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   delayed to 2010 (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=682)

The_Biz 06-15-2009 12:24 AM

delayed to 2010

here's the source

also, beta giveaways

sorry if this was already posted. didn't see it

Jean=A=Luc 06-15-2009 07:20 AM

Yeah, we kinda knew.

szebus 06-15-2009 10:57 AM

I like the idea with the beta giveaways, really nice.

Asatru 06-15-2009 04:23 PM

Yeah well i think its better the game gets delayed and turns out better then get released and needs a buttload of patches to get the game fixed :P

But yeah still :(

-Asatru

Feweh 06-15-2009 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asatru (Post 14970)
Yeah well i think its better the game gets delayed and turns out better then get released and needs a buttload of patches to get the game fixed :P

But yeah still :(

-Asatru

You know... i've always said that.. but now its like god damn... come on...

Asatru 06-16-2009 06:41 AM

Yeah ofc its bad news.
But mwhe if the games turns out to be so much better its worth it!

-Asatru

Darvin 06-16-2009 10:22 AM

This is actually mirroring the late-stage development of Sins of a Solar Empire. Seeing as that game was fricken awesome, that's not a bad thing at all.

Joseph Visscher 06-16-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darvin (Post 14997)
This is actually mirroring the late-stage development of Sins of a Solar Empire. Seeing as that game was fricken awesome, that's not a bad thing at all.

Was Frikken awesome? Did it die? Isn't there people still playing it? We don't want a game that dies after 2 months when the hype and support for it fades(like most games from large greEAdly publishers), we want a game that will be recognized as a 'Good Game' even 10 ten years from now *cough* Starcraft *cough*.

Still though, I was hoping to see it in stores this year. Will be a honor to have my name in the credits of something because you gave the people something fun, just picture someone coming home from work, tired and depressed, sits down, starts playing and having fun kicking someone's butt, burning their stronghold to the ground pillaging everything.
That is what games are for, an Antidepressant, also known as 'Fun'. One Smile at a time. :)

(In a stupid commercial voice)
Have you tried Fun? And now for a limited time offer, We have a Fun Guarantee, if you are not 100% satisfied with Fun, send it back for a full refund.

Seriously, all of you will just have to wait it out, we aren't going anywhere, but Dawn of Fantasy is.

Kire 06-16-2009 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher (Post 15001)
[color="Navy"]Was Frikken awesome? Did it die? Isn't there people still playing it? We don't want a game that dies after 2 months when the hype and support for it fades(like most games from large greEAdly publishers), we want a game that will be recognized as a 'Good Game' even 10 ten years from now *cough* Starcraft *cough*.

To the first paragraph ... no it is not Starcraft =P its Age of Empires 2.

And to other ppl who says its better the game gets delayed and turns out better... you know even if we wait even longer than till 2010 the game will be even better so why release it if we can get 0.5 year later even better or than after 1 year more better (tho for DoF 2 would be too soon)..... I find this statement kinda funny =P.

szebus 06-16-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

... we want a game that will be recognized as a 'Good Game' even 10 ten years from now *cough* Starcraft *cough*...

This is what I 2 want to see from this game, 4 me to be the X-Com UFO Enemy Unknown. A game that dose the
Quote:

... Antidepressant, also known as 'Fun' ...

and the
Quote:

... coming home from work, tired and depressed, sits down, starts playing and having fun ...

part, but really not for some months but for some years, so good luck with the game and I strongly hope the game will be what it has to be.