Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   question for the devs (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=681)

raving 06-13-2009 12:26 PM

question for the devs

Im just curious atm, but how many people do you have working on this game atm? i just want to get a picture of how many people you need for 1 game.

szebus 06-13-2009 02:39 PM

In that case, I am courious how mutch money should I win on lottery to create a game ?

Alex Walz 06-13-2009 03:30 PM

Games take time, talent, and dedication, not money. Money helps with marketing of course, but it's not a necessity for development. Most of the work on DoF was done before Reverie received some funding and could begin paying its staff and 0 AD is a just as magnificent and ambitious RTS that's done with zero funds at all, save the little bit here and there that they get from donations and use for site hosting.

I think Reverie probably has two or three dozen employees. Not counting the testers and marketing staff, that's a good number for a game. Bigger studios that are rolling in dough, like Blizzard, have much more employees. I believe their WoW department has somewhere near 200 employees and 100 each for their Diablo and SC2 departments.

The Witch King of Angmar 06-13-2009 04:40 PM

Now that that's said and done, it really shows how hard the road for this game has been since its been in production for 5+ years and why we shouldn't complain when there are delays. :mad: Lol, just kidding.

Alex Walz 06-13-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

since its been in production for 5+ years
8+ years. ;) 9 by the time of release.

LiTos456 06-13-2009 10:26 PM

Lol when this game comes out we'll be old men with beards living in a post apocalyptic future. xD just kidding

Liljagare 06-14-2009 04:03 AM

Dang, I'll be getting my game finished when I in the retirement home... :D

nickson104 06-14-2009 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiTos456 (Post 14944)
Lol when this game comes out we'll be old men with beards living in a post apocalyptic future. xD just kidding

Indeed :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liljagare (Post 14947)
Dang, I'll be getting my game finished when I in the retirement home... :D

Wow thats awesome... I didnt know there would be retirement homes after the apocalypse!!! :p

The_Biz 06-15-2009 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex (Post 14940)
Games take time, talent, and dedication, not money. Money helps with marketing of course, but it's not a necessity for development. Most of the work on DoF was done before Reverie received some funding and could begin paying its staff and 0 AD is a just as magnificent and ambitious RTS that's done with zero funds at all, save the little bit here and there that they get from donations and use for site hosting.

I think Reverie probably has two or three dozen employees. Not counting the testers and marketing staff, that's a good number for a game. Bigger studios that are rolling in dough, like Blizzard, have much more employees. I believe their WoW department has somewhere near 200 employees and 100 each for their Diablo and SC2 departments.

i thought blizzard had thousands of employees

szebus 06-15-2009 02:35 AM

It may have thousands with all the personals.