Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WHATS ETA now (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671)

Lordadamar 06-06-2009 12:05 PM

WHATS ETA now
 
All the gaming sites still show Q1 09 for release obviously not..

Whats the real ETA?

All forum posts seem pretty vague. I wouldnt think it would be good for DoF to release Q4, most major established MMo's have tenative Q4 release for expansions.( Sony hardly ever misses a deadline ) And Sense EA now supports DAoC, I doubt they will either.

Wouldn't this hurt Dof's early success?

Just curious I think this title will be awesome to play I just have seen the big boys in the past have a great effect on smaller titles that are released because of timing.

The Witch King of Angmar 06-06-2009 12:51 PM

Well, I'm still expecting a beta in the summer (July/early August). Personally, I wouldn't expect the game to be done until maybe December of 09 to March of 2010. That's just me though.

Konstantin Fomenko 06-06-2009 01:09 PM

The game will be finished in December, but from the publishers side all we are hearing that December is bad month for RTS games, and we got to shift release to February. This might change, but imo only in February would DoF be available retail. There might be earlier online release though.

But worry not - all the people who are waiting for release will be playing beta well before DoF hits the shelves.

There is also one more X factor to consider, there is a chance we might get additional funding to GREATLY upgrade all the game art and visuals, if this does happen that would delay release by another 2 months, but doesn`t effect the beta.

Competition is definitely a factor as well - but the main game to watch out is Starcraft 2.

Darvin 06-06-2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

Competition is definitely a factor as well - but the main game to watch out is Starcraft 2.
I've been concerned about that for a while now, and I'm sure you have, too. On the bright side, however, I haven't seen any other decent RTS games that are nearing completion other than DoF and SC2, so although you have one titan of a competitor, it may well be your only real competitor.

Kire 06-06-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko (Post 14755)
But worry not - all the people who are waiting for release will be playing beta well before DoF hits the shelves.

There is also one more X factor to consider, there is a chance we might get additional funding to GREATLY upgrade all the game art and visuals, if this does happen that would delay release by another 2 months, but doesn`t effect the beta.

Competition is definitely a factor as well - but the main game to watch out is Starcraft 2.

Yay to the first paragraph =P, for second i hope you will do it cuz i very like nice visuals and for last paragraph... in my eyes there is, was and will be in near future non good enough competitor for DoF =).

Blatant7 06-06-2009 04:15 PM

As long as the beta comes out in the next few months, I don't really mind if the finished product is delayed. As long as it's being improved upon, of course.

Generation 06-06-2009 11:44 PM

WHAT?????? february? QQ im sad now hopefully i have enough money by then

wou129 06-07-2009 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Generation (Post 14767)
WHAT?????? february? QQ im sad now hopefully i have enough money by then

you are member of the forum so you get beta invite so you can play it sooner

Generation 06-07-2009 02:25 AM

But still I dont have that much patience QQ

szebus 06-07-2009 03:05 AM

February 2010 or 2011 ? just kidding... as long as the game will be polished @ the release and forum members have the right for the betas, I do not mind the delay.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001-2011 Reverie World Studios INC. All Rights Reserved.