Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Humans (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=670)

Kire 06-06-2009 07:57 AM

Humans

I think humans should get more fantasy look (their armor) not some boring medievalish, would also make them more popular (at least i would decide to try them =)). You ppl like their armor?

nickson104 06-06-2009 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kire (Post 14745)
I think humans should get more fantasy look (their armor) not some boring medievalish, would also make them more popular (at least i would decide to try them =)). You ppl like their armor?

In pretty much all fantasies the men are medieval in style... And yeah I do like their armour, Medieval humans are cool and that is why most fantasies use them... That and the fact that once you take that away from them what will you give them that still keeps them as humans, makes them different from the other races and doesnt make them overpowered... :p

szebus 06-06-2009 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickson104 (Post 14747)
... Medieval humans are cool and that is why most fantasies use them...

Agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickson104 (Post 14747)
... and the fact that once you take that away from them what will you give them that still keeps them as humans ...

True, true ... they can not look like some grunts from starcraft if they are some human soldiers, in an era whith medieval fantasy.

Puppeteer 06-06-2009 09:45 AM

I prefer the medieval appeal. Making the race more fantastical and magical takes away the idea that they are the more 'traditional' faction, one with varying strategies and a good balance overall of strengths and weaknesses.

The Witch King of Angmar 06-06-2009 12:53 PM

That's the reason I like Men in general for their buildings as well as their units. Except for the magic units, I like knowing that all of that was real in medieval times.

Esculas the Mighty 06-06-2009 01:30 PM

eh antiquity humans are way cooler

Kire 06-06-2009 03:58 PM

ok ok one more....... if it does have to be medievalish try to do something like human swordsman in warcraft 3 cinematic, he has cool armor and medievalish (i dont say copy paste, just do something more interesting than its now =) use some imagination ....... it is fantasy game).

edit: i love those armor look from warcraft 3 that i would die to have them =P (again i am not saying copypaste ... but if there would/could be some mod to change their skin..... =).

Kell Aset 06-07-2009 07:28 AM

Well I can say that use of more extravagant Medieval armors/helmets can't hurt their style, I mean humans of course.

szebus 06-07-2009 11:47 AM

Those human soldiers who has grate lvl ups should have more extravagant armour.

Kell Aset 06-07-2009 11:59 AM

Hey that is not bad idea :) .