Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Player Help (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Day one (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6641)

Zvonzi 04-02-2013 04:26 AM

Day one

Hello, guys!

I know there are probably similar threads around, but beginners guide i have read is pretty old, and i don't know if anything changed from back then, so i have to ask this.

As i'm new to this game, and i'm just starting, i would like to ask you for some beginners advice :)

What to do, what NOT to do? I don't want to see my town/castle ruined just at start because i did something wrong :D

Brian Shingles 04-02-2013 09:07 AM

Make sure you do all the homeland quests before venturing out into world. It will get you used to controlling units and will earn you resources, Crowns and units.

Save your Crowns for research and buying special units, not for speeding up construction.

First several buildings will be built faster, take advantage of that and build a few of the key bigger buildings early (quests prompt you to build some anyway).

I'm sure some players have better advice :)

Zvonzi 04-02-2013 09:36 AM

Thanks for this.

Those are great beginner advices! :)

Btw, one more quick question before i finally start playing. Is some kind of alliances/play-with-friends system available ingame or it's not implemented yet?

Konstantin Fomenko 04-02-2013 10:25 AM

Welcome to DoF and glad your having a good time. Keep in mind that the tutorials we are linking to from the Help section - are mostly valid:)

And yeah there is co-op for npc sieges and quests (the co-op quests start after u completely your starting town quests and first two quests outside of the town) Also there is always PvP with your friends if they do something to cross you you can burn their towns:)

Zvonzi 04-02-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko (Post 76216)
Welcome to DoF and glad your having a good time. Keep in mind that the tutorials we are linking to from the Help section - are mostly valid:)

And yeah there is co-op for npc sieges and quests (the co-op quests start after u completely your starting town quests and first two quests outside of the town) Also there is always PvP with your friends if they do something to cross you you can burn their towns:)

Thanks for answers. Are we able to make clans/guilds or something like it (can't really check myself, i'm at work atm) :D

Zvonzi 04-02-2013 05:52 PM

Finally, i started my town, called "Dinara" after mountain in Croatia :)

So, my first day was pretty intense. Trying to get used to UI, options, doing quests etc.

Managed to get rid off those bandits around my town, got some gold/resources. So far, so good.

Btw, i love the game. Can't wait to explore more things.

Konstantin Fomenko 04-02-2013 07:21 PM

Glad you are having a good time. And full guild support is our next big project - we hope to add that to the game shortly. Meanwhile you should have your hands full building up - and you can always do co op and add lots of friends to have things in place for when it`s time to officially start your clan.

Zvonzi 04-03-2013 02:53 AM

Once again, thanks for all the answers. :)

Zvonzi 04-03-2013 05:08 AM

Okay, i have few newbie questions, and i hope someone can help me out.

First is about resources. I'm confused about resources "trickle". For example, i didn't asign any of my peasants to gather food, but when i hover with my pointer over food, it says "Cow x 5 = XY food" and "Peasants x 3 = XY food". How can this be possible if none of my villagers aren't gathering food? Also, i have like 6 peasants groups on chopping wood, but when i check wood it says "Peasant x 2 = XY wood"?

Second is about population cap - when i am in town my pop cap was something like 22/22, but when i'm trying to create an army it says 25/22? What is that difference about? I'm not sure if i did it right, but i have made an army consisted of 5 pigs (:D), and then disabanded them and it helped. But i have no idea how those pigs got to my town because i didn't "build" any of them :D

Hope you guys understand my questions, and can help me.

P.S. As i said i have like 5-6 groups of villagers on wood, and they give me something near +10 wood per minute. Is that okay? Am i doing something wrong.

Btw, i'm playing as human :)

Zvonzi 04-03-2013 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zvonzi (Post 76364)
Okay, i have few newbie questions, and i hope someone can help me out.

First is about resources. I'm confused about resources "trickle". For example, i didn't asign any of my peasants to gather food, but when i hover with my pointer over food, it says "Cow x 5 = XY food" and "Peasants x 3 = XY food". How can this be possible if none of my villagers aren't gathering food? Also, i have like 6 peasants groups on chopping wood, but when i check wood it says "Peasant x 2 = XY wood"?

This part seems fine after i restarted game. :) It shows now exact number of villagers working on each resource.