Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Player Help (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Epic giveaway still going on? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6632)

Vargoroth 04-01-2013 08:53 PM

Epic giveaway still going on?

Hello,
I'm thinking about getting Dawn of Fantasy and I am wondering if the epic giveaway (free dwarven army + haunter dragon) promotion is still on? As on http://store.reverieworld.com/index.php?store=games there is a banner promoting it. Also, if it's still on, do I have to get the game from the official site to get the giveaway? Or can I buy it on steam and still get the free stuff? (as steam is on sales offer price atm). Thanks a lot for your help.

Konstantin Fomenko 04-01-2013 09:30 PM

Welcome to DoF - and yeah the promo is on, and will be on at least for a week. The key you buy from us can be used to install on Steam as well by the way.

shello247 04-02-2013 11:49 PM

Same Question

How do you get the giveaways, I purchased from steam and i'd like to get the dragon and dwarfs. Can you please let us know how to redeem them.

Thanks

Brian Shingles 04-03-2013 02:05 AM

You can only get the bonus codes for the Dragon and Dwarves if you purchase the game directly from our store.

You can get a code for a different Dragon and in-game currency (enough to buy the Dwarves) if a friend has the game and puts your in-game username in as the Referrer.

shello247 04-03-2013 02:43 PM

That's unfair

Oh, that sucks....see no reason why steam people should'nt get it.... its the same price, game, timeframe....(IMO).

Oh well.

Thanks for letting us know.

Sheldon

Suppoko 04-04-2013 11:04 AM

I agree, the only reason I found this game was because of steam and it didn't tell me anything about this epic giveawy. There should be something for us the same way there is for others. Given the amount of new players steam brought you it would stand to reason that something like this was offered.

Zvonzi 04-04-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suppoko (Post 76649)
I agree, the only reason I found this game was because of steam and it didn't tell me anything about this epic giveawy. There should be something for us the same way there is for others. Given the amount of new players steam brought you it would stand to reason that something like this was offered.

Maybe because they like it more when people buy game directly from them? Maybe because Steam takes percentage on every sold copy?

Suppoko 04-04-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zvonzi (Post 76652)
Maybe because they like it more when people buy game directly from them? Maybe because Steam takes percentage on every sold copy?

As I stated before I'm betting a huge % of the new players wouldn't ever have heard of this game without steam, not to mention they were rejoicing that they were greenlit for steam. I shouldn't be punished for not kowing the game was somewhere else instead of steam.

Zvonzi 04-04-2013 11:40 AM

You weren't punished. You payed for a game, you got it. And no one is arguing that Steam is responsible for success of this game. But, if they want to reward players who bought game directly from them, who can blame them? And no, i didn't buy game directly from Reverie shop.

shello247 04-04-2013 04:08 PM

I know that it is'nt punishment per say...but youknow that feeling when you spend money on something at one store.....then walk a little down the road and see the exact same thing for a better value, and think to yourself...holy ****!!! If only i had known.

Automatically you feel a bit of resentment for the first store...and a bit of regret. That's what he's speaking about. Not punishment per say. But we get the jist.

And this is sooo easy to fix........lol, Reverie, we don't know you. But if you are trying to build a community, treat us fairly.

It is in the small actions which define character.