Crash on Start up
hi my comp is fine to run this game and i cant even start it up it just crashes right away. Any help will be appreciated
Sorry to hear about that. Please post your log using these instructions, and we`ll take a look at this for you ASAP: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4337
I've done so but was hoping to see if any other players have any similar experiences
Crash on Startup [Steam]
1) Go to your steam directory ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dawn of Fantasy
2) Alter the properties of Dof.exe
3) Compatibility Tab Check "Run this program as an administrator" and also check compatibility mode for "Windows 7"
4) An error box does seem to pop up upon launch which reads as follows:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
- Pure virtual function call
Note: If you do NOT close this error window the game will launch and seems to work fine. If you do close the error the game will crash.
*NOTE* I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. 8 gigs ram, GTX 470 Tri Monitor system.
I hope this helps someone... perhaps even will give the devs some clue as to what is causing this. In any case just wanted to offer it as assistance.
GoldenWing, thanks for posting this, we are spreading the word around and looking into what might be causing it. I hope we`ll be able to get to the bottom of this and find out what`s causing this tomorrow.
Tried making it administrative and win7 compatability, still just crashes on start up. Tries to open a window and then closes it almost right after it opens.
Any help would be appericated.
Also nothing in the log files.
Lets also get through these instructions here, most likely it`ll fix it for you:
1) make sure you restart the computer - if you haven`t this could cause that.
2) Disable Anti Virus and Firewall - and if that works set DoF.exe as exception
3) Try installing C runtime libraries. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=5555
4) Try getting the latest .Net Framework For Desktop - http://www.microsoft.com/net/download
5) Uninstall the game on Steam (delete local files), and re-download
Deleting Local Saved Data File
This is a slightly more complicated solution to try next
1) Click on the organizer button in any folder. And select Folder and Search options. Go to view, and under Hidden Files and Folders, or Drives - click show hidden files.
2) Now navigate to C:/users/YOUR USERNAME/AppData/local/DoF/
3) In that file, locate and delete file called local_saved_data
Yep after reinstalling the newest VC++ runtimes for x64 and a restart it fixed it.
Glad that it worked for you. Cheers
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:36 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001-2011 Reverie World Studios INC. All Rights Reserved.