Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Traveler Introductions (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Intro (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6585)

elderotter 03-20-2013 01:47 PM

Intro

Elderotter here. Old gamer. 61. Like the game, playing orcs. Wish some things were easier but then again like the challenge. Chat box seems a little rough. Would like the ability to set workers to build more than 1 building at a time, like 5 huts for example. Still not real sure how to get onto the world map. Learning the game. It's curve isn't EVE-like but it isn't among the easier curves either. Good Game.

GPS51 03-20-2013 02:03 PM

Greetings :) You can set multiple buildings planned but it will take more then 1 worker unit to make them build at the same time. I suggest running 20+ worker units and just steam rolling in resources and making it easier to throw buildings up ;) Just put 5 workers on a house, takes very little time. There's a world map button about halfway up on the right side of the screen, this is where you create your armies from your units and travel about mythador.

elderotter 03-20-2013 03:12 PM

thank you very much.

Brian Shingles 03-20-2013 05:42 PM

Welcome to Dawn of Fantasy, Elderotter.

Our feedback is appreciated. Let us know if there is anything we can help you with or if there is anything in particular you feel would help with the learning curve.

We take all our players suggestions seriously and try to work in what things we can.

elderotter 03-20-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Shingles (Post 75941)
Welcome to Dawn of Fantasy, Elderotter.

Our feedback is appreciated. Let us know if there is anything we can help you with or if there is anything in particular you feel would help with the learning curve.

We take all our players suggestions seriously and try to work in what things we can.

I think my first suggestion is to do a walk through for each race - starting with selection of area, then selection of the traits - to give the new player an idea of the strengths and weaknesses of each area and each trait. perhaps an understanding of what type of gameplay each implies. I did see the start of a guide in the forums addressing that, however not all new players read the forums first. I have started the orcs twice now - having learned different things both times and will probably start them at least once more. I have also started the Elves and learned different lessons from them. I prefer the orcs, but cane see already that what applies to the orcs can apply or not apply to the elves depending on each person's preferred playstyle. I think that a better understanding of the basics - given in the tutorial could help the newer player see what area/race/traits would be advantageous to them. Hope that helped. As I said - I like this game alot, and am still learning it.. takes me awhile to see what works best strategy wise for me.

buddhist23 03-22-2013 01:59 PM

I like to explore and discover things on my own and ask for help when needed...having a game hold my hand through everything really dulls the experience. Weren't the first few quests a tutorial anyway?

GPS51 03-22-2013 03:30 PM

If you click on the "help" button (upper right hand corner of the screen) once you're in your home town it will link to the game wiki with a walk through for each race and other helpful info.