Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Player Help (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Again lost hours of gameplay (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6557)

Lairn 03-09-2013 03:34 PM

Again lost hours of gameplay

I have been playing all day. Upgrading all over the place building, building an army etc etc.... Then I log out and log back in and all the work is gone! Playing 3 days and this is twice this happened. I really only logged out because it was showing I was gaining 1200 wood per click. and strange numbers on each resource gathering rate. Pretty darn frustrating

Konstantin Fomenko 03-09-2013 04:02 PM

Lairn,

Could you please post all your Log files - Log1, Log2, Log3, Log4, and Log5, or e-mail them to support@reverieworld.com to help us fix this issue.

You can find instructions on posting log files here: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4337

During these hours of play - have you even left your homeland? To do a quest, PVP e.t.c?

And please check your private messages for compensation codes.

Lairn 03-09-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko (Post 75777)
Lairn,

Could you please post all your Log files - Log1, Log2, Log3, Log4, and Log5, or e-mail them to support@reverieworld.com to help us fix this issue.

You can find instructions on posting log files here: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4337

During these hours of play - have you even left your homeland? To do a quest, PVP e.t.c?

And please check your private messages for compensation codes.

Yes I did leave, I fought a PVP battle. Been building up an army camp outside of homeland. I will work on the log files for you. Appreciate you responding.

Konstantin Fomenko 03-09-2013 04:24 PM

So to confirm you actually though a PvP battle, and came back from it ok. And the progress lost goes back all the way from even before the PvP battle?

And by any chance did this happen late at night pm EST? (about 12 hours ago?) Or in the morning - if your from Europe/Asia.

SmokeyJoe 03-14-2013 01:53 PM

happened to me when i did the peasant revolt quest it froze i rebooted and i am back at least and hour. is there a save game button i just cant see? i thought this was supposed to be persistent. i like this game

Brian Shingles 03-14-2013 04:31 PM

We're sorry you lost progress SmokeyJoe, there is no save button as it is supposed to be persistent. This problem only seems to happen to a few players but we are working to resolve it.

I'm sure Kon will offer compensation for any lost progress when he comes online, but he is busy at the moment sorting things out with Steam so it may not be until tomorrow.

If the game freezes again, could you post the log1.txt file from the Dawn of Fantasy install folder before restarting the game. This will help us track down the cause of any problems.

wargar 03-14-2013 06:24 PM

Lost game progress and reedem problem

Hi when I log into my account I noticed that i had lost most of my game progress from earlier today (several hours of gameplay).

And also it seams like i cannot reedem the Haunter Dragon or the Dwarven Army at the reedem button in the market (was the reason i logged out in the first place)

My first day of playing the game is this some kind of temporary bug? is it better to wait for steam realese to let you fix this?

(sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but i didn't know where else to ask)

Thanks in advance for your reply

Brian Shingles 03-15-2013 07:58 AM

It's fine to ask here, wargar. You can also email support@reverieworld.com if you don't want to post in the forums.

Progress not saving seems to affect a few players but not all, which has made it hard for us to fix.

Being unable to redeem the codes suggests there was some sort of connection loss with the server, which would explain progress not saving.

If you're willing, you could help us narrow this down. Can you play for a little while, maybe do a quest or View your army in a region and then exit the game. Save a copy of your log1.txt file from your Dawn of Fantasy install folder (either rename the file or copy it somewhere else) and then play the the game again. If you've lost progress, exit the game and then post your old and new logs here.

Having logs before and after progress loss will help us narrow things down, especially since we can't duplicate this ourselves.

And if you manage to redeem your codes, but lose the units due to progress loss, don't worry, we'll replace them.

wargar 03-15-2013 09:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Shingles (Post 75858)
It's fine to ask here, wargar. You can also email support@reverieworld.com if you don't want to post in the forums.

Progress not saving seems to affect a few players but not all, which has made it hard for us to fix.

Being unable to redeem the codes suggests there was some sort of connection loss with the server, which would explain progress not saving.

If you're willing, you could help us narrow this down. Can you play for a little while, maybe do a quest or View your army in a region and then exit the game. Save a copy of your log1.txt file from your Dawn of Fantasy install folder (either rename the file or copy it somewhere else) and then play the the game again. If you've lost progress, exit the game and then post your old and new logs here.

Having logs before and after progress loss will help us narrow things down, especially since we can't duplicate this ourselves.

And if you manage to redeem your codes, but lose the units due to progress loss, don't worry, we'll replace them.

Appreciate you responding

I tried to play a mission and exit and save Log1 file and then log in again but unfortunately I lost my progress again but here are my Log1 files that you asked for

Hope it will help you to fix the problem

Konstantin Fomenko 03-15-2013 04:11 PM

Thanks for your reports guys. We`ve sent everyone effected compensation for the lost progress - please check your private message boxes on this forum. And we are continuing to look into this issue, and expect to have it fixes with-in a few days.

Meanwhile the best solution - is for you to log out, and lag back in every couple of hours.