Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   To anwser all the beta questions... (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=652)

Konstantin Fomenko 05-26-2009 09:20 PM

To anwser all the beta questions...

In reply to the Question on Beta post.

Guys,

As I`m sure you have noticed that closed beta is still not here.:)

The publishing situation is keeping us behind schedule. As we can`t start testing product on large scale without a clear light from a publisher - and our publishing arrangements are still being finalized. We`ll inform you in the coming weeks once all of this is resolved. And hey we are not delaying things by months or years here, just weeks:)

I`m just glad we got the new website, screens and videos next week to make up for this delay.

Now, to answer most of your questions...

Beta testing will happen in 4 or 5 stages.

Closed Beta Stage 1 - we`ll begin by sending stripped down game client with updater tool and single-player skirmish to the first 50 testers. You`ll get a chance to play around with this for the first two weeks. During this phase we`ll be solving technical problems preventing people from starting the game, and other major crashes.

Closed Beta Stage 2 - will commence 2 weeks later. We`ll invite 50 additional testers, and send out a major update that will feature multiplayer skirmish mode. During stage 2 we`ll be fine tuning connectivity, chat and basics of player vs player gameplay. All 3 multilayer skirmish mods will be available, including team defense of huge capital fortresses.

Closed Beta Stage 3 - starts 3 weeks later. We might invite up to 100 additional testers (but this is unconfirmed.) We`ll send out another major update that will add MMORTS game mode with all early game content, including player vs player. But at this point we`ll disable singleplayer skirmish and multiplayer as we`ll need everyone playing MMORTS mode. We`ll do account reset every couple of days for the first 2 weeks. And once a week for the following 3 weeks.

Open Beta Stage 4 - comes 5 weeks later. From 500 to 1,000 additional testers will be invited, and only MMORTS will be featured. For the next 6 weeks we`ll be adding late game MMORTS content until Gold Master. There should be 2 or 3 server wipes.

Stress Test Stage 5 - is a good possibility once we hit Gold Master. We`ll invite up to 2,000 additional players to play MMORTS mode of the product for free for 2 weeks before the game becomes available in store. This will help us stress test the servers and hopefully we`ll get some players hooked. We might be able to allow Stage 5 player accounts to keep their progress once they upgrade to a full retail version.

Alex Walz 05-26-2009 09:28 PM

Sounds great! We'll all get into a closed beta. :)

Will those invited to the first closed beta automatically get into the second and third? Will any feature the editors?

Konstantin Fomenko 05-26-2009 09:31 PM

I think we`ll be able to send out Editor to closed beta tester who specifically request it, it`ll be a stand-alone download.

And yeah player mass will accumulate from one stage to another.

hkien 05-26-2009 09:34 PM

Hopefully, when it come to be comercial, there's Union Western payment method for me! :D

Going to be zealous to be invited.. :p

crex719 05-26-2009 09:59 PM

I like this plan, it allows for a gradual increase to the server. Can't wait for the beta now that I graduated!

Feweh 05-26-2009 11:23 PM

Yes, awesome ! :D

sneaky_squirrel 05-27-2009 12:32 AM

Hi, I just registered here but I remember viewing this site 3 years ago fantasizing about playing it, I personally can't wait for the beta to come out.

wou129 05-27-2009 12:45 AM

nice man hope you guys finsh talking with the publisher soon

raving 05-27-2009 02:56 AM

sounds great, love to try it out and with the amount of people you are gonna invite eventualy im sure i will get in one of them. The sooner the better ofcourse but hey... been waiting this long ... few weeks more or less aint gonna hurt

kEuLe 05-27-2009 03:51 AM

:)
Sounds great.