Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Player Help (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   I lost maybe 6 hours of game time (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6510)

foysp 02-20-2013 09:53 AM

I lost maybe 6 hours of game time

Hello, I began playing Dawn of Fantasy yesterday, I started building etc.
Today I got up to the part where you have to destroy a group of Orcs just outside of Gelmeerim as part of the main quest.
My hero was injured and I failed the quest, then the game crashed on me. When I restarted and logged back in, most of the game I completed the day before had vanished.

my resources are now down, as well as my resource limit, I have no vine wall, I've lost maybe 6 units of rangers, all my deer and even my treant from the main quest is no longer with me.

What is the problem here? Did I do something wrong?

Thanks,
FoySP

Konstantin Fomenko 02-20-2013 11:05 AM

Hi foysp,

Really sorry to hear you go effected by this issue. Please check your Prviate Forum inbox for compensation. And it would really help us if you could provide us some information.

Mainly - what time did you start playing? And what time did you crash and realized your progress is lost? And what`s your timezone? For example - from 11pm EST to 3am EST. Knowing this time window would really help us.

foysp 02-20-2013 11:12 AM

Well, I finished installing and started playing at maybe 8pm? (my timezone is GMT) I finished playing at roughly 2am give or take an hour, I was talking to a new friend I made named Twilia, and she said it was best if I left my resources to gain whilst I watched a film, I then checked at 5am, and everything seemed fine, so I left my resources to gather whilst I went to work. I came home and carried on with the main quest (approximately 5pm GMT) which is then when the client crashed, I came back on to find my progress was pretty much back to none again.

Did I do something wrong maybe?

Also there is nothing in my Forum Inbox, no messages at all.

More than anything I was just a little upset with it being my first day playing and all.

Thanks,
FoySP

Konstantin Fomenko 02-20-2013 11:53 AM

Thanks alot of the details - this helps us narrow down the issue. We should have this issue fixed for good in a day or two.

Meanwhile - if you are playing between midnight and 4am EST, it`s recommended to relog every half an hour or so. If you are playing at any other time it should be all good.

This is a really stupid problem on our end - we do back-ups of players progress every night, and something makes the game use your back-up instead of current saved progress.

And check your PM again - I accidentally sent it to another player:)

foysp 02-20-2013 11:57 AM

Thank you for the information, I will make sure I follow that little rule as I don't want this to occur again.

Thanks for actually supporting your members too, most game forums I have seen try and disregard errors as the users' fault, so I appreciate you helping me resolve the problem.

Thanks,
FoySP

Lairn 03-08-2013 12:32 PM

So I started yesterday, stayed logged in through the night, got up this morning and I did a bunch of upgrading. Log out to do some work, log back in and all of the progress was gone.

I assume reading this, staying logged in through the night is not a good thing to do!

Konstantin Fomenko 03-08-2013 01:18 PM

Thanks for confirming our suspicion - we`ll look into fixing this for good.