Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Support (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   experiencing bugs as orc (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6507)

Rocksteady23 02-19-2013 10:22 PM

experiencing bugs as orc

The first bug is every time i log out and back in or going in and out of a battle when i come back to my hometown I'm missing random huts. I did about 5 battles and a few logs it made 3 huts disappear each time. The strangest part is its not just a rollback. but it selects huts at random. It wont even be the most recent of huts created. Sometimes the most recent huts stay and ones i built before them disappear.

The second bug I've experienced since creating this orc city today. Is all of the ogres for the quests were invisible, and when the ogres joined me they stayed invisible. My marauders were able to shoot arrows at them thankfully. I had created orc cities before and never had invisible ogres. not sure why it happened this time.

The third bug I've experienced and think i may have seen in chat this happening to other players. Is when i have 0 population in my city my grand hut still registers me as over half pop cap or max cap, and will not build more marauders or laborers. I deleted my first orc city because of this and am keeping my army below half pop so that i wont experience this again.

Rocksteady23 02-20-2013 03:17 AM

I figured out the huts disappearing were in certain locations I assume are in zones huts shouldn't be built. The problem is that it let me place and finish building them. Only to have them disappear and lose resource that they cost after i battle or log out. I've managed to get 90 pop cap reluctantly out of a lot of trial and error and losing many huts.

The main problem I'm having at the moment is the invisible ogres. I've come to notice all ogres are invisible, even the ones in quests , world map , and even ogres that i own. As my human cities and other orc cities I've never had ogres go invisible. This leads me to believe it isn't my computer or graphics settings.

Brian Shingles 02-20-2013 07:29 AM

Attempts to build huts on wall locations should be caught when you try to build and the resources returned. We'll investigate why this isn't happening.

The ogre problem is very odd. I know some players experienced a problem with Treants not being shown a while back, so it might be a similar issue to that.

We'll look into it, but seeing your log1.txt file from when this happens would help.

Konstantin Fomenko 02-20-2013 12:13 PM

We should have a fix for not building in certain zones in the patch early next week (zones where other players spawn in PvP attack on your town).

For invisible Ogres - does this happen all the time? If could you please provide instructions on how to reproduce this step by step.

And I`m not really clear about the 0 pop bug. Could you please provide additional details:

Quote:

Is when i have 0 population in my city
How do you get that? By removing all your units?
Quote:

My grand hut still registers me as over half pop cap or max cap
So it shows something like 90/90?
Quote:

keeping my army below half pop so that i wont experience this again.
How does keeping your army bellow half pop help with this?

Rocksteady23 02-20-2013 02:57 PM

When i started my new orc city in the forest. The 2nd quest to kill an ogre the ogre was just invisible. All the ogres i was seeing throughout the game last night were invisible. I have just logged in thismorning and now all ogres are now visible. I just needed to take a break and have servers reset or something. good news now i can continue playing my orcs without cloaked ogres :rolleyes:

About the laborers not building. It didnt matter what the population in my city was. It was acting as if i had 12/12 population and the progress bar on the laborer and marauder wouldnt move. I had just made the city 0/12 to see if it would fix. I attempted several populations under half of pop cap and conceling marauder productions and swapping back and forth from maruader to laborer. Logging in and out also didnt help. Nothing would work so I ended up deleting that city because of the bug.

But as of now with ogres showing up and not experiencing the grand hut bug on this new city everything is running smooth for me with no problems.

Konstantin Fomenko 02-20-2013 03:15 PM

Ok glad to hear - this might have been today`s patch that fixed the problem since we made changes to the grande hut. And glad Ogres are back:) Glad we could help.

GuardianAngel 02-20-2013 11:42 PM

Heya - I'm not experiencing the grand hut bug...

Bought the game today, started up, made desert orcs (because I roll like that)

I'm currently at 27/56 and I've not produced laborers or marauders for hours on end now. I can't really explain it better than what has already been said before this.. I just wanted to update to let you all know this isn't fixed....

GuardianAngel 02-21-2013 02:17 PM

Problem still persists..

Though there's a new development to it as well now - turns out my grand hut spawns something pretty much whenever it pleases (i've been creating huts like mad) and even though I've set it to spawn marauders, it spawns me laborers....

Need some help on this here topic :)

Konstantin Fomenko 02-21-2013 03:01 PM

We are investigating guys, and should have a permanent fix for this in the next patch (Tuesday/Wednesday next week or so)

For now one solution to try is to disable spawn, log out, log back in. And enable it again - that might help.

Rocksteady23 02-24-2013 02:32 PM

Running into more trouble. This time its with my wooden walls. My wooden walls say they are under construction, but there are no new segments being built. I've checked all the small outposts and all over my home town map, and cannot see any progress on the walls. It has been like this for 3 days now . During this period of time I've had 5000+ lumber in my city at all times.

Ive paused and resumed construction on the walls, Took all my lumber out of city and put it back in, and i paused construction and logged out. None of which worked but was worth a try.

This is a pretty devastating bug. My city walls have giant gaps in them and my city is completely indefensible.

side note- My orc city is in the forest