Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Support (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Blackscreen on launching (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6454)

Alafff 02-04-2013 11:52 AM

Blackscreen on launching

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,

I launch the game and it go to a blackscreen with a message "Input not supported".
I've tried to change my resolution (which is 1440x900) up to 1600x900 and down to 640*480 and 1024*768 but still the same error

Tried to reinstall the game but still the same error

Tried to find a way to run it in windowed mode but nothing worked (Dxwnd and others)

I attach my dxdiag file in hope to help find the issue

have a good day

Alaff

Konstantin Fomenko 02-05-2013 07:17 AM

Hello and say for the late reply.

We are looking into a solution that effects a small number of players - and hope to have a permanent solution ready this weekend.

Meanwhile lets look into creating a quick fix for you guys - could you please locate and post your Log1.txt file here or email it to support@reverieworld.com This will help us get a quick fix solution to you later on today.

If your not sure how to find the Log1.txt file you can find instructions here: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4337

Thanks for your help, and looking forward to getting this fixed for you today.

Alafff 02-05-2013 01:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello , here the file

Have a good day

Konstantin Fomenko 02-05-2013 02:47 PM

Thanks for your help. I see the problem, and there is a quick, but a little bit messy solution. We`ll have a full solution later this weekend. For now you could do this:

1) navigate to C:/users/YOUR USERNAME/AppData/local/DoF/
If your not sure how: Click on the organizer button in any folder. And select Folder and Search options. Go to view, and under Hidden Files and Folders, or Drives - click show hidden files. Now you`ll be able to see that folder.

2) In that file, locate file called local_saved_data

3) Right click on the file and choose Edit, Open with Notepad or other option to open it with some text editor.

4) At the bottom of the file - 4 lines from the bottom, you can find these two lines, enter your resolution you desire there: 1440x900

5) save the file and it should work.

Alafff 02-06-2013 03:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hello again

I will send you the file i found because the resolution is already in it, but 4 lines from the top and i didn't edit it

Will try to launch it after saving it , and a second time after switching the two values (sometimes strange things happens like tab[x][y] become tab[y][x])

Edit : After testing :
1440*900 don't work
900*1440 don't work
1024*768 don't work
768*1024 don't work

Edit 2 : Just found the boolean for the windowed mode so i gave it a try, the screenshot is what happening , interacting with the window during loading crash the game , and after loading you can't interact with buttons

I think for me and the other guy who have the same problem , a windowed mode would be the best solution :)
Have a good day

Konstantin Fomenko 02-06-2013 10:26 AM

Have you tried maximizing the game in window mode? Does it even give you controls to view it full screen?

And thanks a lot for your help. We now have all the data will need and will release a fix this weekend.

Alafff 02-06-2013 11:29 AM

Tried a lot of shortcuts but nothing work

skullnookum 02-06-2013 07:36 PM

Same Problem

I'm also experiencing the same problem with the resolution I've just decided to come back and start playing it for a bit since the new patch but when i run the game it doesn't support my resolution can't alt tab or cancel the program i actually have to physically restart my computer in order to get some form of control of it again. I'll give it a try on what you said on your previous post's and see how i get along.

indiacharlie 02-11-2013 10:02 AM

Hi just to chime in.

I also have the same problems - exactly as Alafff - down to the same display / config files.

Cheers

Ian

Konstantin Fomenko 02-11-2013 10:59 AM

We have a solution for this in tonight`s patch - sorry for the delay guys.