Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Can't play multiplayer (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6401)

Goldenknighttim 01-15-2013 10:30 AM

Can't play multiplayer

I've been having problems connecting to other players. I can play the online kingdoms mode, and i have enjoyed it, but whenever i connect to other players in pvp, or coop, i get a message that says "Cannot Connect" or something like that for a small moment, then the loading screen starts up. The loading screen doesn't stop until i have pressed Alt-F4, or ended the process through the task manager. I have not once been able to connect to another player. I'm sure this problem is known, I just want to help in any way I can to get this fixed. If everyone is having this problem, Then I can't help. But if its just a few people that have the problem constantly, and if most people can connect at all, then i think it would be important to note that my father has a firewall up in our house. It often causes problems with multiplayer games. I can get around this problem by using logmein's hamachi, or google's gbridge. The best way to play a multiplayer game in this house though is to play a game, such as an mmo, where servers online host matches, or host the world that i'm playing it. If DoF is designed to make players connect to each other through IP over the internet, then this would not allow anyone who has a firewall to play the game to its potential unless there was some way to set the firewall to allow a connection. I hope that my perspective could be of any use to anyone reading it, and I would appreciate any advice that would help me to play this game with my brother who is going to school half way across the country, or anyone else who could be smited by my forces that have been training only against npcs like wolves and quest armies.

Konstantin Fomenko 01-15-2013 10:53 AM

Goldenknighttim,

Thanks for starting this post. As far as getting stuck on the loading screen - the upcoming patch fixes this issue. And you should try attacking other players yourself - course from the sound of it, someone who`s attacking you has a different NAT type on their router. I don`t think it`s a firewall issue. But yeah - our programmers are away of this, and we are looking for a solution.

Goldenknighttim 01-16-2013 06:20 AM

I try to attack people frequently. or i did when i was playing earlier. When This is fixed i intend to continue playing more, but i have triied attacking many times. I usually don't find other players, but when i do, it freezes.

axal011 01-16-2013 11:32 AM

Yeah usually the one who gets "cannot connect to player" the other gets "Out of synch".