Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OOS,message to players and developers. (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6368)

axal011 01-03-2013 04:22 AM

OOS,message to players and developers.

1.There is a possibility that if the game is not run as an administrator, the User Account Control in Vista and Windows 7 might prevent it from properly manipulating files, which could result in an OOS

2. At the least, everyone should update network adapter drivers. Though I don't know how to go about doing that.

3. OOS errors after using certain commands to change zoom levels beyond normal settings. You might try having everyone set their zoom levels (and even entire graphics options) to the same settings. Hope The Devs can fix the zooming because i can notice something strange before a battle with the view

4. Routers/Firewalls I believe to be the BIGGEST cause of the out of Sync error or the "Cannot connect to player" errors.. People need to either Forward their ports, open ports, or get rid of their router entirely, OR the DEVELOPERS need to come up with a fix.

As of right now, im still having some fun, Slow but still fun. But my problem right now is I don't know DoF's Future if its not solved... Looking back at Stronghold 2, Stronghold legends, Age of empires 3, The Guild 2 , Supreme Commander, C&C GEnerals and several other RTS games.. All those games Failed because of the OOS problem because people looked at these games for the multiplayer aspect and the developers of those games either went bankrupt, or quit working on the game, or developed another series to the franchise to weeve out more money which still had the OOS problem

My message is to the players

Open,Forward, Your Ports on your Router. Turn your Firewall off, Disable/Uninstall your Anti virus, Turn off User account for vista/win7, Run game as Administrator, or you can just get rid of your Router Period, No need for a Router if no other computers in the house!

My message to the Developers

Are you looking into the situation with OOS "Out of Sync" issues? Because as I listed the games that Failed, ALL because of the Out of Sync problems.. The developers of those games Gave up because they couldn't find a solution to fix the OOS Problem and I wonder if you know exactly what is causing the OOS to occur? Shed some light to everyone on what you think the OOS IS and what you think is causing it?

Don't mean to sound negative with the "These games failed" stuff, Just need to know if the OOS is being looked into, as for most bugs are not game breaking.. I constantly just stare at my kingdom and go PVE'ing and no game breaking bugs.. But when I go to PVP, 8 times out of 10 times its an OOS Problem.. I get maybe 3 battles a day when im on for a period of 6 hours and the rest which i could count maybe up to a dozen matches go OOS before it even starts.

Konstantin Fomenko 01-03-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

My message to the Developers
We do have a plan:). In the past we managed to fix majority of OOS causes, and now it`s only very minor issues causing the OOS and they don`t even create a true out of sync issue. So we plan to just let the game keep on going without ending the match. Probably in 1/10 games this would lead to odd results - like both players winning, but I think it`s the best solution.

We are expecting this fix to be in-game with-in two weeks.

miklos1 01-09-2013 12:43 PM

i have a ? i had a city siege the other night they paid out but match kept going. is this the reason why?

dropkick_jxy 01-09-2013 01:27 PM

Patch news.

I was under the impression there would be a game patch today with various bits and bobs, including some pvp issues. Will this still be going forward?

Konstantin Fomenko 01-09-2013 02:09 PM

Moved to the weekend, as we are adding waaaay more to this patch. Check the preview post.