Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bug Reports (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   archers and attack move (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6323)

Gruber12 12-21-2012 12:20 AM

archers and attack move

Iam having problems with my human archers doing a attack moving, shooting coupe arrows then stopping completely while the rest of the army attacks without support :(

also none abilites are activated

Konstantin Fomenko 12-21-2012 11:22 AM

Could be a tempoary bug - if you restart the game should fix it. Othewise check that attack move button is not activated on the archers. If you are tasking them to location they`ll move first before opening fire.

Gruber12 12-21-2012 10:09 PM

It was happening in a quest and camp area. I also noticed that soemtimes my crossbow men attack move turned itself off:confused:

Gruber12 12-21-2012 11:09 PM

was in camp, archers were doing their coward stuff but then i orderde some units to run back and when that happened it looked like the ranged units remembered their move orders

Gruber12 04-05-2013 11:05 PM

its starting to get annoying now. Not all selected units seem to have theirs turned on and some turn theirs off automatically. Its kind of annoying watching knights run and sit beside enemy archers

Atranox 04-06-2013 01:14 AM

This happens for me as well with Orc Marauders. Usually a couple will stand in front shooting arrows, and the rest (even a bunch from the same unit) will just stand around in the back doing nothing. This occurs both with attack move and when ordering them specifically to attack. It happens very frequently.

Sunleader 04-06-2013 01:38 AM

I am surprised this wasnt reported before ????
Lol actually now it makes sense that you made it so that Attacking an Unit Directly is now fixed on that Unit and no longer Attack move.
I was wondering why the hell you did that but if you didnt know this its not an surprise......

Its an pretty Old Bug or well actually I never tought of it as Bug.
I tought its annoying but never tought that this is not Intended.

Archers and actually most Ranged Units usually deactivate their Move Order upon Enemy Contact.
Actually all Units Send on Attack Move will usually delete the Attack Move and the Move Order as soon as they engage an Enemy.

Melee Units will usually not be bothered by this because following Enemy Units will usually bring them into Sightrange and thus make em Attack again causing them to keep moving.

However if an Unit Meets an Enemy on Attack move and Reaches it they will usually stop after this.
Melee Units are in Range of other Units then and will Attack thus from there as they always would on aggressive stance standing near to an Enemy.
But Ranged Units which Attacked the Unit on Max Range will not have anymore Units in Range as they didnt move closer so they just stand there.

Actually that in itself is fine with me anyways.
The True Problem is that the Units in the Rear Lines which didnt reach the Enemy will keep the Attack Move Activatet while the Units which reached the Enemy Deactivated it.

But in most cases the unit showing in the corner down left still has it activatet
(usually only a few Squads engage and as soon as an certain number is attacking an unit this unit is not considered an possible target by others anymore)
So to get those Squads back into action you usually need to press the button twice.
(first to deactivate it for all Squads and then to reactivate it for all Squads again)

Back in the Day I always liked that Attacking an Unit was causing Attack Move.
because thanks to this you could just click on an Enemy Unit once they Stopped and they Moved On properly :)

Haha well if you didnt know this its not surprising that you changed this out.

Greetz Sun

edit:
By the Way Units which still have the Attack Move Order Active will also Remember the Attack Move when you issue an Additional Move Order.
They Only Forget after Enemy Contact or if you deselect the Button for them.
Otherwise they will keep the Attack Move Order even if you tell em to turn around or have em use Special Attacks or whatever.

edit:
Well actually if you think about it its logical
In the Programming there needs to be some Sort of Trigger for the Attack Move to have been Finished.
But they most likely didnt want to make it an One Time Order which will automaticly be overwritten with the next Move Order
So they Fixed the Trigger for its deactivation to the Attack itself Assuming they have now met the Enemy they were aimed at.
And with the Pathfinding system as it is I doubt they wanted to trigger it using an Position Check ^^

Well If I may Suggest something I would say to completly Scrap the Move Order and Instead make it an Third Stance.
Basicly

Aggressive = Unit will Regardless of Orders Attack Enemys in Sight (Current Attack Move just as Permanent Thing and thus allowing to immediatly issue an normal Move Order again without any trouble)

Defensive = Unit will Attack Units in Sight if no Other Orders were Given (Current Standart Aggressive Stance)

Hold Position = Unit will only Attack if an Enemy Actually Moves into Attack Range (Current Defensive Stance)

Greetz :P