Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=629)

Generation 05-14-2009 05:45 PM

Video

i just remembered something. In age of mythology when you get on the game there was a short video i was wondering is a short video gonna pop open after u get on the game?

wou129 05-14-2009 11:51 PM

you mean the intro trailer?

MrBlack103 05-15-2009 12:45 AM

Given that having an intro video is a pretty standard thing in current video games, I'd say this game would have one too. Most likely along the lines of a few scenes with some massive battles or something like that.

Darvin 05-15-2009 01:28 AM

To be honest, I find intro movies annoying. You watch them once, and then after that they just add to the load time of the game.

Puppeteer 05-15-2009 03:53 AM

What the bloody heck...
Why on earth did you feel the need to make such a topic? Want the devs to fully explain the interface on the menu? The number of choices in the Sound options?

Kire 05-15-2009 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puppeteer (Post 14169)
What the bloody heck...
Why on earth did you feel the need to make such a topic? Want the devs to fully explain the interface on the menu? The number of choices in the Sound options?

i think you got him wrong there .... he just wanted to know about the intro movie, as stated above (can be like in Warcraft 3 which run only first time);
As i understood you i think you thought video options? I dont see any reason why they wouldnt tell if there is any movie at start (at least i think its a good post and would be nice to know that and if there will be any movie just dont put the one you had on officially site cuz i got bored of it and want new =P).

Konstantin Fomenko 05-15-2009 07:30 AM

At this point it`s very unlikely we`ll have CGI videos.

DoF features great in-game cinematics, and single-player campaign features a good deal - up to 10 minutes for each level. In addition there is a 5 minute long intro-cinematic, and a solid outro-cinematic.

Ryan Zelazny 05-15-2009 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Generation (Post 14159)
i just remembered something. In age of mythology when you get on the game there was a short video i was wondering is a short video gonna pop open after u get on the game?

I personally really like the intro movies on most games, it gives a very action intense view of the game world to get you pumped up about playing it. As Konstantin stated it's very unlikely we'll have a cinematic like that but the single player campaign will have opening and closing cinematics to really tie-in the storyline.

Ovocean 05-15-2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBlack103 (Post 14167)
Given that having an intro video is a pretty standard thing in current video games, I'd say this game would have one too.

Don't know ? Don't answer ! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBlack103 (Post 14167)
Most likely along the lines of a few scenes with some massive battles or something like that.

Yeah, like almost all games, be it rts, fps or rpg. Sometimes though, the CG leads are blessed with inspiration and put in some interesting plot dialogue, like "My people will defeat you because you are weaker !".

The_Biz 05-15-2009 12:50 PM

intro movies can be really interesting even they're unrelated to how the game actually plays

whether you have people with nothing more important to work on is another story