Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Inactive Units (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=626)

Meh 4 evar 05-11-2009 07:44 AM

Inactive Units

Hi all at the forums

Recently i came up with the idea that your inactive soldiers in army camps, or town, wont just be standing where you put them, but are wandering around to eat, drink, sleep ect. Though of course always easy to find.

The reason i came up with this idea, is that it would make long paced battles feel more real/alive.
(i tried to use the search but i couldent find anything about this)

szebus 05-11-2009 12:14 PM

I like this idea... they, the soldiers are scated all ower the town but you have a button with what you can regroup them at once, but of course it takes a little time that youre soldiers to regroup at the barack or somewhere else.

LiTos456 05-11-2009 02:15 PM

Dude, that would actually be so cool.
Maybe I'll make a mod like that!

nickson104 05-11-2009 05:12 PM

It would be cool but practicality of it is very small considering it may take a considerble amount of time? or would it be as simple as when idle auto command to go to food court and patrol? dont make fun of my lack of scripting language :p

Andy Joslin 05-11-2009 08:13 PM

Features like this usually give a similar reaction. :/

First couple of times: Wow! Cool
Eventually..: Wow, that's annoying. Why don't my soldiers stay where I place them? Now I have to seek them out and get them to rally to one spot before I can use them.

Kell Aset 05-11-2009 08:39 PM

True true, it is horribly annoying especially in games where formations are important, but perhaps for ppl that like such things there should be something like hmn battle stations, we set soldiers somewhere then we push button (battle station) selected soldiers remember that exsact place, and then we can push other button like hmn lets say for now (wonder around) if we decide that they don't have to stay there all the time.
In time of battle we would push button battle stations and all troops would rush to them, just a thought.

LiTos456 05-12-2009 05:46 PM

yeah but meh 4 evar mentioned having a button that calls them all back.
Although on the other hand, maybe each squad should have a separate button. Or theres a button that you have to click for more buttons to pop up for each squad.
God, you know what forget it.

Kell Aset 05-12-2009 06:09 PM

Heh well szebus exactly mentioned recall button :p , 1 general button for all troops and separate button for each battalion if we want specyfic ones to be in place.

Gigz 05-12-2009 07:43 PM

well there are the idle animations , so something can be mod out of it ^^

Puppeteer 05-13-2009 04:49 AM

Seems like a grand waste of time to me.