Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Question about MMO-City position (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624)

Tyrael-SF- 05-10-2009 01:09 AM

Question about MMO-City position

Hey DoF dudes I'm new to these forums (Just registered today :) ). Saw this game and was very surprised at how promising it looks.

I have 2 questions and i apologize if they seem stupid:

1- With battles will units be in different colours for instance if I'm battling someone that's the same race as me is it possible to choose a colour for my race? I'm referring more to customization options.

2- With the land that we start off with, do we choose where in the land that we can start building our city? Or is it in a random position? I ask this because it'd be pretty sweet if we can choose on the land we are given to build to have terrain advantage and such.

Thanks for your time, game looks awesome keep it up! :)

OrcSlayer 05-10-2009 04:44 AM

city position is semi randomly chosen the player picks the race and then the reigon and then the game drops them on a piece of land in the reigon they chose with the race they chose. the different reigons and some info on each are in the media forum jan week 1 and 2 and feb week 2 and as for colours there is a thread about it already (mmorts player colours) but i think what they are doing is red= enimys blue=friendly/you etc

Esculas the Mighty 05-10-2009 09:42 AM

if ur human u dont choose where anything goes

LiTos456 05-10-2009 10:47 AM

No esculas, you do.
If you're human or elf you are able to chose from various building plots within your city, and on those you can build whatever you want. As an orc, however, there are no buliding plots, so you can simply build whereever you want. But Tyrael isn't referring to that.
Welcome to the forum Tyrael, be sure to check out dofsource.com.

nickson104 05-10-2009 12:34 PM

I take it though that if your elven you dont want to choose barren lands? :p it wouldnt work quite so good... :p

Welcome to the forums

Esculas the Mighty 05-10-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiTos456 (Post 14023)
No esculas, you do.
If you're human or elf you are able to chose from various building plots within your city, and on those you can build whatever you want. As an orc, however, there are no buliding plots, so you can simply build whereever you want. But Tyrael isn't referring to that.
Welcome to the forum Tyrael, be sure to check out dofsource.com.

i remember them saying that u just press a button saying build houses or etc at ur main building and the plot is chosen for u depending on how ur land looks

Tyrael-SF- 05-10-2009 06:26 PM

Thank you for the welcome guys :)

I don't think i was clear about the colours and i apologize i did read the forum about colours for enemy, ally ect but i should off meant specific customization options. For example for Dawn of War paint editor or what ever it was called?

LiTos456 05-10-2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esculas the Mighty (Post 14031)
i remember them saying that u just press a button saying build houses or etc at ur main building and the plot is chosen for u depending on how ur land looks

no, it's not like that.

Mrdash 05-11-2009 01:32 PM

I don't believe he was asking about the building positions of buildings in your Kingdom, but rather choosing the piece of land your kingdom is built on.

nickson104 05-11-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiTos456 (Post 14034)
no, it's not like that.

You sound like a stubborn child who wont allow any opposing ideas to stand... Actually he may be right as they have said that building may be restricted in certain ways to retain a certain professionalism about the way your castle looks and not just a haphazard mess.... They are willing to put aescthetics (SP?) before freedom... and to be honest it probably is for the best