Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Player Help (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   How do I see other players? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6138)

Marshall 10-14-2012 03:01 AM

How do I see other players?

Is there a way for me to see other players on the map? I just started playing but was wondering if I could see/scout other players on the map for potential seiging in the future.

If so, how do I know it's an actual player city?

Partl 10-14-2012 03:31 AM

Unfortunatly, there is no way to really "see" other players towns at the worldMap - while i would second a simple List, or something, showing where u can find armies/cities + giving some armyStrg-indication, would make it way easier, to get a PvP going...

Once the first (free) expansion is comming out, we will be able to interact way more, since then we can conquer neutralTowns, hold em and defend em - we will finally see, whos the "top-dogs" and will finally get some more MMO into this awsome Online-RTS ;)

Marshall 10-14-2012 04:26 AM

My Unofficial Suggestion Thread :p

I just started playing this game. I see SOOOO much potential in this game its unreal! I first want to thank the staff and developers of this fine piece of work for the time, dedication, and sheer ingenuity when it comes to programming, developing and designing this!

Anywho, as I play the game I see little areas of possible improvement. I've played a craaap ton of RTS games in my day but this is my first MMO style RTS and I have to say that I'm impressed.

The first one I thought of was to be able to see players on the map, and or a drop down type menu that would travel to their location.

Second one I've just recently come to see is how annoying it is when you create an army for travel among the map and some of the units I have placed around my map are for protection, resource gathering etc... It would be nice to be able to "lock down" a set of peasants or a horse drawn carriage or a troop of men so that they would be ineligible to be sent into an army for travel/trade. This way they would be set to their per-determined location without having to relocate them after a mission. (this was mostly posted for horse drawn carriages because I can't stand the loss of peasant efficiency when their gathering "hub" is gone.

Partl 10-14-2012 04:34 AM

Agreed, the overall UI needs some overlook - especially infight. It takes ages, to get regular troops to high lvl, therefor u really want your units to stay alive.

Unfortunatly, this is quite hard, since once u got more than one squad of a specific unit-type in your army, they start to "share the health bar", what is very unconfortable (and is leading me to NOT have more than one squad of an type per army).

Why dont u keep one portrait of the unit, but put more than one healthBars under it? (ofc, here the healthBars should be clickable) Suddenly, we would have a way smoother armyControl...

Konstantin Fomenko 10-15-2012 11:29 AM

Thanks for the kind words guys!

We are constantly trying to improve DoF, including polishing the GUI. And as far as player interaction as Partl mentioned - the Siegeworks expansion is our solution for this, as well as expanding the late-game.