Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   pvp Quiters (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6106)

miklos1 09-07-2012 12:41 PM

pvp Quiters

Is there something we can do about ppl quieting in a middle of match when they start losing?
It declares the other person winning can they get the reward?

buddhist23 09-07-2012 02:32 PM

pretty sure u still get stuff

miklos1 09-07-2012 05:36 PM

didnt register if i did. Kinda screws up the idea of pvp if ppl dont want to fight buy the attack protection

Sunleader 09-08-2012 12:46 AM

Hmm
From what I remember if you Quit during the Match it was handled like you Paid Out from the Fight

So usually you should get some Reward from it

Any Dev there to tell us how this is currently handled ?

Konstantin Fomenko 09-09-2012 12:09 PM

Yes you do get the full reward if the other person quits.

In the next patch we are actually rebalancing this - making pay-out more expensive, and reward for winning (and lossing) that much more. So if defeated player actually stays till the end - instead of "paying out" and loosing resources, if he actually looses in the end - he`ll get a large influence reward and won`t have to loose resources.

Sunleader 09-09-2012 02:13 PM

Well then
I am not 100% up to date due to the Fact that I am in the last half year of my Apprenticeship as Electrician and thus dont have much time

Back then it was like this

If you Gave up or Disconnectet during a Fight you were handled like you Paid Out.
However, The Pay Out is calculatet at your actual strengh
so if you already got Defeatet badly and lost large part of your Army the Pay Out was very small
which is very annoying for the Attacker but also not really good for the Defender because he of course needs to lose Units for this first.

I dont know if the Payout being Calculatet by actual Army Strengh is a Bug or Intended

I always tought its a Bug because its actually very Unfair
after all the Attacker Already took Massive Losses and then gets less Reward on top

But its also been a while that I was on the Battlefield :P
I log in once in a while to do some Questing and Level my Hero
but I have hardly done any PvP anymore :)

Greetz

aramsm 09-09-2012 05:28 PM

Are you sure that if you disconnect you py off? I remember that I only get stucked and "A player has disconnected" msg appeared.

Konstantin Fomenko 09-09-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

I remember that I only get stucked and "A player has disconnected" msg appeared.
The player who got disconnected does pay off (even if he turned the power off), but the other player doesn`t receive anything. Otherwise two friends could exploit this system.

Sunleader 09-10-2012 05:35 AM

So basicly the other Player Force Crashing the Process wont lose anything despite Paying Off
and to prevent people from using this to create ressources this way the Winner will also not receive any Reward.

But that also means that people can Exploit this to prevent the Loss of Ressources :(

Maybe it would be better if the Server could safe the Status of that and then deduct the losses properly when the User Relogs
that way it could not be abused because the loser would always pay his losses no matter if he crashed the process or got disconnectet unintentionally

I know other Games even use a System where the Game is haltet for about 2-3 minutes allowing a User to Reconnect so he can even try to restart the Game and then rejoin the Battle and prevent a pay off or penalty

but well thats antoher story
I.ll not mix in too deep into this :P
at least not before February when i got my Exams behind me :P

aramsm 09-10-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko (Post 73421)
The player who got disconnected does pay off (even if he turned the power off), but the other player doesn`t receive anything. Otherwise two friends could exploit this system.

Im not sure if I understand but it looks like this doesnt prevent friends of exploiting it because my friend could simple pay-off without disconnecting right?