Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Build our own castles (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6075)

Wolfentir 08-17-2012 08:02 PM

Build our own castles

Honestly, that is one thing that this game needs.

Remember how popular Stronghold series was? It wasn't popular cause it had great RTS combat, because AI was so challenging, because RTS combat was so tactical. It was popular because you could design and build your own castles and see how they perform when attacked.

Is there any way this could be implemented in DoF?

buddhist23 08-17-2012 10:39 PM

in due time

Gruber12 08-18-2012 06:18 AM

please either have a look through the suggestion setion or use the search before asking this question it has been asked 50 times and been answered the same way

Sunleader 08-18-2012 09:36 AM

I have NO idea at all in which way Stronghold had an Good KI and or good Tactical Gameplay

But I agree with the need of being able to Construct your Own Castles ;)

Wolfentir 08-18-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunleader (Post 73140)
I have NO idea at all in which way Stronghold had an Good KI and or good Tactical Gameplay

But I agree with the need of being able to Construct your Own Castles ;)

That's what I'm implying, Stronghold didn't have good tactical combat, it was the castle building that made it popular. That is what DOF needs.

@Gruber Yeah man, at the moment these forums are dying under overload of new posts and it's very hard to sort through all these new topics. I guess my new topic is really cluttering the boards.

buddhist23 08-18-2012 09:33 PM

new posts? overload? you must be joking..theres barely any activity in the forums save for like..5-10 people.

Dof isn't stronghold. Keep that in mind.

Dreamwalker 08-18-2012 10:30 PM

I THINK he was being sarcastic...:rolleyes:

Anyway, all that cool stuff will be added eventually. Remember that they're an indie studio and that these things take time.

Gruber12 08-18-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Yeah man, at the moment these forums are dying under overload of new posts and it's very hard to sort through all these new topics. I guess my new topic is really cluttering the boards.

well apart from a ability of being a self important smartarse, I guess it wouldnt be to hard for you to click on the page 2 button on several parts of the forum to see this question being discussed to death

Gruber12 08-18-2012 10:43 PM

maybe even looking at the public suggestions to even see if your idea has been mentioned and add to that thread but that might be asking to much of you

Wolfentir 08-19-2012 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruber12 (Post 73148)
maybe even looking at the public suggestions to even see if your idea has been mentioned and add to that thread but that might be asking to much of you

I just want to get some discussion going as the boards are very quiet.

If my post is clattering the boards so much that you can't find all the other topics, fell free to tell the moderators to delete it.

I wonder what develpoers think about castle design and building and if it could be applied to DOF?