Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Religion? and Specialization ? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=603)

Gigz 04-26-2009 09:50 AM

Religion? and Specialization ?

I did a quick search and found nothing so here it go

will this game contain religion , as in different religion give unique religious units bonus and so forth, Im thinking giving each faction a variety of religion so not every orc / elve / human player end up being the same , and while we at it , can we expect player to specialize in certain units as in having one kind of class with better stats or such , as in as a Human I focus on my knights hence i get access to a more elite version of knights , or I focus on archers and get access to better archers as in , more accurate at the lose of speed or vise versa and so on ^^ allot of posibilities come to mind , if not do the mods capabilities of the game permit us to do something like I mentioned

one last thing since this gonna be online but also modable I take online mode will stay as vanilla DOF, whoever I know allot of great mobs will be released , can we expect Dof Staff to add the best of the mobs into the online playing while they tweak them for balance and anything else they need to do with it ^^

Esculas the Mighty 04-26-2009 10:49 AM

not civ4 jk

the units lvl and u can choose which stats to raise else they become better so u have specialization

Gigz 04-26-2009 04:27 PM

and medieval as in , orders get u unique units from that order , but the specialization one I took it from real medieval history as in England was good with Bows , France with Knights and so on , so wanted to know is that feel gonna be on DoF or if it can be modded to work like that ^^

Jean=A=Luc 04-27-2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigz (Post 13712)
and medieval as in , orders get u unique units from that order , but the specialization one I took it from real medieval history as in England was good with Bows , France with Knights and so on , so wanted to know is that feel gonna be on DoF or if it can be modded to work like that ^^

As you know every race has 3 variations (different regions they start in) and some (if not all) of those sub factions do specialize in certain style of warfare so their corresponding units do get bonuses.

Iirc those "mountain" elves have better spellcasters, humans living in the desert have better cavalry etc.

frankein_fish 04-27-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc (Post 13716)
As you know every race has 3 variations (different regions they start in) and some (if not all) of those sub factions do specialize in certain style of warfare so their corresponding units do get bonuses.

Iirc those "mountain" elves have better spellcasters, humans living in the desert have better cavalry etc.

Exactly, But since we've heard nothing about religions id guess it wont be feutered. Maybe in the next one (U can always hope)

OrcSlayer 04-27-2009 12:35 PM

It was said in the offical factions u want to see thread that there is no religon in this game but on the site it says the main orc campain character is the messiah of eternia :confused: If religon is in Dof2 or an expansion pack I think orcs worship should a fire deity

Puppeteer 04-27-2009 02:48 PM

No! That defeats the whole purpose of magic. Orcs would have a natural affiliation with fire then, in which case the whole complex options of the magic system would be marginalised. Besides, why would Orcs worship a fire diety? Because it's been done before? I can't remember how many times we've gone over breaking conformity...
Messiah probably refers to a leader, not a prophet of some god.

Joseph Visscher 04-28-2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puppeteer (Post 13724)
Messiah probably refers to a leader, not a prophet of some god.

Messiah means "Son of God" or "God" and or a meaning relating to 'someone great' saving and or protecting many.

Dawn Of Fantasy has its own realm and its own universe, our Humans, Elves, Orcs, Dragons, Dwarves and any other race we create in dof does not have a universal connection to any real life or fantasy universes ( E.I. J.R.Token's).
This means, in dof there is no religion that relates to real life, there is how ever many supernatural orbs and beings and perhaps a Spiritual Realm that does favor the Elves.
Whether or not Dawn of Fantasy has Religion and or Evolution is still undecided if it will be gameplay changing or story/writing referred only; there is already great specialization per race and per player, therefore the need for Religion in Dawn of Fantasy's Realm is minor.

Darvin 04-28-2009 03:05 PM

I find spiritual ambiguity is preferable. As soon as you have explicit "gods" that meddle, either directly or indirectly, they become incredibly boring things.

Anyways, if the magic system described to us a few months ago is still what we're in for, I don't think we'll need anything else.

Grizzlez 04-28-2009 03:27 PM

I think at this stage of development with some idea of release and beta testing adding in something as big as this just seems like too much work-espeically if it won't have much of an effect. Personally I think the game will be best off without Gods, after all who needs to worry about pleasing their God whilst building a city and defending it.