Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A guild idea (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602)

OrcSlayer 04-25-2009 06:20 AM

A guild idea

I was thinking about this guild that at the start and at any time there is no leader the leader is elected but after that the only way to become leader yourself is to over throught the current leader this would probably fit for orcs:) would anyone be intrested ?

zach12wqasxz 06-29-2009 12:57 AM

[quote=OrcSlayer;13672]at any time there is no leader the leader is elected QUOTE]

or the leader could just be the dude in the guild with the most strongolds/citys

Generation 06-29-2009 01:19 AM

wat factions in ur guild?

Kire 06-29-2009 03:46 AM

Well nice point for guild, making it more interesting even inside of it =P, like also was in past where other were trying to make themselves king and overthrow the atm king. Tho it would create neutral side, "enemies inside" side and kings (leader in alliance - corrected) ally side =). Nice very nice =).

Edit: And as i understand the person post under my is saying each faction should have king, tho that would mean constant war between top alliances but that would be there anyway, but the original poster idea is better, it gives more extra fun =P and tho realistic =P.
(i fixed the misunderstood word in my text =))

Darathor 06-29-2009 06:56 AM

This is an interesting idea. Like Kire said, it would create factions and there would be a bit of drama too I suppose but sounds like a fun concept that could be awesome with all the factions competing to have someone on their side be elected to be the king or overthrow the current king and instate their own choice for king.
But what powers would the king have though? What would make it worth being king that would make everyone want to be it.

The Witch King of Angmar 06-29-2009 08:25 AM

Money, castles, armies and most importantly, allegiance.

OrcSlayer 06-29-2009 03:38 PM

the reason there is an elected leader is because if they are weak someone more powerful will usurp and any races are allowed as long as they provide for the guild

edit: the ppl who elect the king/leader are the strongest member from each reigons and the king has pretty much control over the guild's combined army and navy and has a constant stream of tribute from members. the king sets the amount of tribute

Darathor 06-30-2009 08:24 AM

So the king could command the guild to try and take over a bunch of land and cities?
And also, wouldn't there be a scenario where a lot of the guild revolts due to high taxes?(or like Robin Hood where only a few brave guys stand up to the king's loyal army)
What if someone just didn't pay tribute, would the guild destroy them?

OrcSlayer 06-30-2009 12:30 PM

The point of paying tribute is that it is used to help the guild as a whole, exept in the case of a power-crazed leader bringing the taxs up impossibly high and hogging all the revenue and the tribute you pay based is based on the power of your armys and number and level of citys

Darathor 06-30-2009 01:18 PM

How could the money be utilized to help the guild?
Would you give it to needy guildmates and also spread it out among those who are fighting for the guild?