Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What has changed since release please? (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6013)

tentimes 07-29-2012 07:41 AM

What has changed since release please?

Hi,

This may seem bizarre, but even though I bought the game near release I still haven't gotten around to playing it! ;)

I think I will have a go this weekend, but was wondering what has changed since release, where I seem to remember there being some criticizm around the lack of interaction between online players realms (especially in economics, which is my favourite interest).

I would love to hear what people who have been playing think of the game, or even if any developers would like to jump in and cheerlead it.

Thanks,

TT

Brian Shingles 07-31-2012 08:16 AM

I guess everyone is too busy watching the Olympics to respond :p

Ok, let's face it, Dawn of Fantasy was really buggy when it was released, so most of the work on the game since release has gone towards bug fixes. Now Dawn of Fantasy is much more stable although there will be an occasional bug.

Some of the new features include:
Co-op sieges - join a friend or stranger in sieging one of the major NPC towns
Co-op quests - invite a friend or stranger to help you with the siege based and field combat quests
Player profile - get a snapshot of your progress, settlement and starting choices
Buyable Heroes - buy an additional hero with special abilities to help bolster your armies
New chat - chat features have been updated to be much more customisable
Friends List - add your friends to your friends list so you can see when they come online

There is no player-to-player trading at the moment, but it is on our list of things we want to add.

Konstantin Fomenko 07-31-2012 10:26 AM

I`m done with Olympics for now and can finally respond:)

As Brian said - it was BAD at release, but I`ll take it a little bit further - I would say DoF was released as an "alpha" version, we tried to plead with the ex-publisher 505 Games to postpone the release - but nothing worked and on October 1st - after dev team spend 2 weeks basically without sleep to do what we could - DoF was out...

Over half a year and 40 patches later - DoF is finally the game we wanted it to be! Well sure - a few more features are needed, but at least it`s playable, mostly bugles and with enough features to make it fun.

At this point, there are 3 core features left before I can say I`m completely happy with our game (not to say that we`ll stop upating after that - there is still a lot we can and will add)

-Player to Player trading and resources exchange
-New pathfinding
-Finished PvP ladder with high scores and ranking

tentimes 08-09-2012 08:02 AM

Please, please don't forget player based chat!

Good chat and conversation between players, with a good general channel = a feeling of a 'world' or 'game space'.