Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   CURRENT BIG INBALANCEMENT that need to be fixed ASAP (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5904)

vicious666 06-02-2012 04:40 AM

CURRENT BIG INBALANCEMENT that need to be fixed ASAP

1)heroes, you can have 60 of them, making the normal troops pointless they need to be limited of 1 for each type max for army
2) heroes can have 100% resistance in everything making the dragons useless, so doesnt matter if we apply the limit for hero type, but also we need to re-consider theyr resistance, attributes.
3) dragons , limit them to 1-2 per army otherwise they too strong too
4) troops, is ridiculous see 60 man army ogre. limit the troops at 16x max for each type (16x is max troops you can assign to a contro key such as ctrl+1)

daikl 06-02-2012 06:34 AM

Agree with the first 3,but the forth not so much.Its up to anyone to build their army as they want.you can always counter this with 60 squads of pikes.

PS:yes i play orc but i rarely use ogres.

vicious666 06-02-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daikl (Post 72223)
Agree with the first 3,but the forth not so much.Its up to anyone to build their army as they want.you can always counter this with 60 squads of pikes.

PS:yes i play orc but i rarely use ogres.

Again is a stupid way to see this game.

unless you like to spam 60 units of "chose one", and expect others to do same. an rts like this is supposed to have a mix of units so you can use them in the right moment against the troops of your opponent, is the sense of tactics.

otherwise we will simply all use the top uber 60 units combo and fight that way. so when we dicover that one we can even remove the other units

daikl 06-02-2012 07:58 AM

I gave a solution to this problem in the other thread.Read there.

Kajanov 06-02-2012 08:53 AM

A 60 ogre army is more a storage army than a combat one, the fact that they can defend themseves is a bonus and poor guy who attacks the storage army of 60 ogres

vicious666 06-02-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kajanov (Post 72235)
A 60 ogre army is more a storage army than a combat one, the fact that they can defend themseves is a bonus and poor guy who attacks the storage army of 60 ogres

dont focus on ogre is an example jesus

you really cant look more faar than this?

60 hero is an issue also

i am talking in general.

anything that can be replicated ad infinitum is a balance break, and a monotony to the game

Kajanov 06-02-2012 11:18 AM

I never said I disagree with the others (many heroes, mant dragons) just wanted to point out that an ogre army has a point besides baing decent at fighting. Arguably an ogre army is better for storage than wargs, because of the fact it can protect itself, while wargs with their 50 default health have a tough time staying alive.

aramsm 06-02-2012 12:44 PM

I agree with the first and second but not the fourth.

An army of heroes is a great unbalance thing because they are a special unit, stronger than normal ones. Dragons could be strong sometimes but they sucks at melee and against pikeman, so I dont know...

I dont think they should restrict us the way we should build an army, except for the heroes one. I think if I want to build an army with only one type of unit I should but this seems stupid since Ill have a big trade-off here, since I wont have any range attack.

If we are forced to mix our armies always then we could fall into the same problem, like in every army you will find 1x tanker, 2x range, 2x cavalry etc... Not that we will always find the same amount of type of units, but I mean we will always find the same build like tankers, rangers, cavalry and healers if we consider a full army (60). You couldnt make an army, for example, with half tankers and half healers because tankers or healers will reach their limit (maybe 16 squads per army?).

Sunleader 06-02-2012 01:03 PM

Ehm guys

1. The Resistances and Limits are same as Main Hero
so he wont get 100% Resistance except using a Special Ability which however is time limited and only gives 100% Resistance to 1 Stat
should they be able to truly have 100% permanent Resistance to all Damage sorts
then I am pretty sure it is a Bug and will be fixed

2. 60 Hero Army ?
Well then Try making one :)

ah well I dont want you to waste Influence so I.ll just tell ya whats gonna happen :)

To be simple
if theyre low lvl you might Find Enemys
but it will be Enemys with Dragons or Higher Level Units because your Heros add quite alot of Str to your Army Rating :)
if your using Higher lvl Heros you are going to get a Problem
it will basicly be Impossible to Find an Enemy which is not using lots of Heros himself or using Big Dragons :)

in the End it will end with you taking forever to find a Big Enemy
and then losing 30 Wealth for Each Unit that goes down
not a Good Deal if you ask me

3. 60 Unit of the same Type
thats a goner for some time
early times we always had Armys only using mass of one unit type
but its hard to coordinate such armys
most of the time the enemy will simply put fire on your ass and half army will be dead before you cand draw it out

4. Dragons are Insanely Powerful
but they are expensive and take lots of units cap and lots of str in your Army
you will Face quite Big Armys
and if your Enemy knows how to Deal with Dragons your going to have Trouble
tough theyre still very poweful atm :)
wont complain if they get nerfed a little
their Fireball is just insane after all

Greetz
ps
Just wanted to give ya some things to think about :)

aramsm 06-02-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunleader (Post 72249)
Ehm guys

1. The Resistances and Limits are same as Main Hero
so he wont get 100% Resistance except using a Special Ability which however is time limited and only gives 100% Resistance to 1 Stat
should they be able to truly have 100% permanent Resistance to all Damage sorts
then I am pretty sure it is a Bug and will be fixed

2. 60 Hero Army ?
Well then Try making one :)

ah well I dont want you to waste Influence so I.ll just tell ya whats gonna happen :)

To be simple
if theyre low lvl you might Find Enemys
but it will be Enemys with Dragons or Higher Level Units because your Heros add quite alot of Str to your Army Rating :)
if your using Higher lvl Heros you are going to get a Problem
it will basicly be Impossible to Find an Enemy which is not using lots of Heros himself or using Big Dragons :)

in the End it will end with you taking forever to find a Big Enemy
and then losing 30 Wealth for Each Unit that goes down
not a Good Deal if you ask me

3. 60 Unit of the same Type
thats a goner for some time
early times we always had Armys only using mass of one unit type
but its hard to coordinate such armys
most of the time the enemy will simply put fire on your ass and half army will be dead before you cand draw it out

4. Dragons are Insanely Powerful
but they are expensive and take lots of units cap and lots of str in your Army
you will Face quite Big Armys
and if your Enemy knows how to Deal with Dragons your going to have Trouble
tough theyre still very poweful atm :)
wont complain if they get nerfed a little
their Fireball is just insane after all

Greetz
ps
Just wanted to give ya some things to think about :)

Yeah, this is true. I believe this solve all the problem.

About the dragons: how to deal with them: when they spit the fireball there is even a great chance they miss their target, so first dont get your troops together when a dragon is aproaching; second the fireball gets some time to hit the ground, use this time to run; third, dragons animation takes some time when you order him to spit, use this time to order your pikeman charge into him, it cant cancel the fireball so the dragon will be stucked on the animation for some time. Thats it, its not SO powerfull. Ofc if the fireball hits your troops it will be hit kill, but if you can manage to avoid it (and there is even a bug that helps you, wich makes fireball hit the sky) its not so dificult to kill them, just requires some work and patience.

PS: Is anyone getting some problem with game crashing when starting it? I cant play because of this and no one answer me on the support.