Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   To all the Elven mages out there. (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=588)

LiveBlackNWhite 04-15-2009 12:06 PM

To all the Elven mages out there.

I'm a huge fan of fantasy and my favorite part about it is the use of magic and how it can turn the tide of a battle instantly. I was wondering because my favorite race are the elves if there were any people out there that would like to make a mage guild of some sort. We can bring together a group of the strongest elven armies to take down the opposing races. If any elven mages are interested just message me or post in the thread. Let us unite and together bring peace to the world of DoF using the power of elven magic and the cold hard steal of our swords and spears!:p

nickson104 04-15-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveBlackNWhite (Post 13398)
I'm a huge fan of fantasy and my favorite part about it is the use of magic and how it can turn the tide of a battle instantly. I was wondering because my favorite race are the elves if there were any people out there that would like to make a mage guild of some sort. We can bring together a group of the strongest elven armies to take down the opposing races. If any elven mages are interested just message me or post in the thread. Let us unite and together bring peace to the world of DoF using the power of elven magic and the cold hard steal of our swords and spears!:p

Out of my cold dead hands you will conquer all other races... elves are an abomination and must be wiped out :p

Jean=A=Luc 04-15-2009 01:43 PM

So basically you want to form a guild/pre-arranged alliance.

LiveBlackNWhite 04-15-2009 03:37 PM

Ya, I want to bring together a group of elf players who would be willing to form an alliance or a guild. It doesn't matter about skill mainly because the game hasn't come out yet. I just want to be able to communicate and play with some other elf players out there.

fyro11 04-15-2009 05:24 PM

I, personally like mages in general. And in this game, I suppose my favourite faction would be the Elves. The problem I see is that RTS games lack the RPG element whereby one can associate themselves with one single player (i.e. an Elven Mage.) All players are, essentially, disposable units, or cannon fodder, put bluntly. Hero units would work, however. So if there was a hero mage, or a clan/guild of 'hero' mages within the storyline, or implemented in the game, then this would shape out in accordance to the OP's wishes. I would still consider the proposal, however. Just wish to see how imaginative others are here. :)

Any comments by RWS on the above?

LiveBlackNWhite 04-15-2009 05:50 PM

That's what I'm hoping for as well, I want to be able to create my Hero from scratch basically, give it the stats I want and the spells that I would like to see it use. I did hear though that you start off with one hero and they would be the general to your army. So maybe getting a few players who have Elven mages as there general could work in the sense of making a guild. Well I hope to play with you once this game comes out.

The Witch King of Angmar 04-15-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveBlackNWhite (Post 13398)
cold hard steal of our swords and spears!

Epic...

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickson104 (Post 13399)
Out of my cold dead hands you will conquer all other races... elves are an abomination and must be wiped out :p

I agree, even though I will play Elves, I will enjoy eliminating them. They're a bit too pansy for me. :D

Esculas the Mighty 04-15-2009 08:44 PM

interesting lets hope the orks and humans decide they rather kill off the elves b4 eachother

nickson104 04-16-2009 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esculas the Mighty (Post 13421)
interesting lets hope the orks and humans decide they rather kill off the elves b4 eachother

hehe :) im willing to bet there will be predominantly elven population after a while, my prediction is that many will start human to learn the game (less of a learning curve generally) and will then switch to elves, or they will begin as elves and will later switch to others for the experience... after a while i think at least 40% will be elves and about the same or a little lower would be human... orcs i cant see many people going... but they offer an interesting playing style so its hard to guess :)

Esculas the Mighty 04-16-2009 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickson104 (Post 13425)
hehe :) im willing to bet there will be predominantly elven population after a while, my prediction is that many will start human to learn the game (less of a learning curve generally) and will then switch to elves, or they will begin as elves and will later switch to others for the experience... after a while i think at least 40% will be elves and about the same or a little lower would be human... orcs i cant see many people going... but they offer an interesting playing style so its hard to guess :)

humans will have to out number or at least equal the more popular race

i dont expect that many ork players but i do expect them to be pro

alot of players go human simply because they are human xD