Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Square (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sound effects (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=579)

LiTos456 04-03-2009 01:45 PM

Sound effects
 
So how are the in-game sound effects? Anything from a citizen speaking when you select him to a tree falling. How are they made in the first place? (just interested)

nickson104 04-04-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiTos456 (Post 13093)
So how are the in-game sound effects? Anything from a citizen speaking when you select him to a tree falling. How are they made in the first place? (just interested)

Well to put it basic, you click on a unit that runs a command which selects the unit but also runs a command for the voice to be played, one click two commands, or perhaps they would have a command branching from the first in series rather than parallel? thats as simple as i can get it i think.... please correct me if im wrong in any way :)

LiTos456 04-04-2009 06:31 PM

No I mean how they were recorded, and where.

nickson104 04-05-2009 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiTos456 (Post 13132)
No I mean how they were recorded, and where.

ah right woops :p a recording studio perhaps? or just simple recording equipment? ;)

LiTos456 04-05-2009 08:00 AM

Well yeah but you know natural sounds, and any other simple sound that a human mouth can't do...

Puppeteer 04-05-2009 12:22 PM

Buying pre-recorded? Downloading for free? Running round with a microphone? Does it really matter?

Joseph Visscher 04-07-2009 12:45 PM

All of our sounds right now really suck and are not AAA quality, we will be updating them and new voice acting in due time.

In fact if anyone on this forum is a professional sound recorder with a good resume reference, pm me.

Bryan Oakley 04-08-2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher (Post 13212)
In fact if anyone on this forum is a professional sound recorder with a good resume reference, pm me.

Yes, please message Joe... I'm tired of the team making me to go out into the forests and record the screams of deer as I beat them with a stick. They run very fast.....

Lordadamar 04-08-2009 03:16 PM

I vote Sean Connery for some knightly king Voice over. Haha

The_Biz 04-08-2009 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan Oakley (Post 13244)
Yes, please message Joe... I'm tired of the team making me to go out into the forests and record the screams of deer as I beat them with a stick. They run very fast.....

:D

send me that sound plz

i never knew deer scream


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001-2011 Reverie World Studios INC. All Rights Reserved.