Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Media Fair (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   RSP - Random Screenshot Place (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573)

Konstantin Fomenko 03-30-2009 02:38 PM

RSP - Random Screenshot Place

Quite often during playing the game - testing or just enjoying it there is an epic moment - which just got to be captured.

So I figured I`d start the post - all of our employees would be allowed to post their epic - gameplay only moments here.

Just attach a .jpeg and add a story - and epic stuff only:)

Hopefully our fans who`ll get to closed beta will join in soon.

Konstantin Fomenko 03-30-2009 02:41 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Screenshot 1 - I was just testing new Crossbowman unit in singleplayer Siege mode - laying siege to the Denwall stronghold. During the cinematic portion where I need to select position for my army camp and my forces - an epic thunderstorm kicked in.

Screenshot 2 - Joseph, Eric and Bryan just finished another one of CPU controlled MMORTS world towns - this one Elven, and I just had to take a screenshot - now this is epic!

Screenshot 3 - Joseph post editor screenshot.

Screenshot 4 - Singleplayer campaign menu screenshot.

Ovocean 03-30-2009 03:26 PM

Whew, good idea, and so adventurous for a developper ! *thumb up*

What a shower on your ss ! I'm eager to see the weather effects in real time, I think I've never seen such a heavy rain in a game. Could be cool to have the water level of pounds and rivers to rise after the storm.

LordSlayer 03-30-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko (Post 12918)
Unfortunately I can`t post a 15 second video showing thunder, but here`s a screenshot of the rain.

Does weather affect visibility, and can flyer get zapped by lightning ?

Konstantin Fomenko 03-30-2009 03:42 PM

Weather does effect visibility - but not to the point where it significantly effects gameplay.

Units can`t be zapped by lightning:)

Most likely archers will have good 40%-60% reduction in range, accuracy and damage during rain - as realistically their bow-strings would be wet and they won`t be able to fire.

We can also make all the torches and stuff go out during rain to reduce visibility - but debating this - as the night-time without torches doesn`t look that good.

nickson104 03-30-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko (Post 12922)
Weather does effect visibility - but not to the point where it significantly effects gameplay.

Units can`t be zapped by lightning:)

Most likely archers will have good 40%-60% reduction in range, accuracy and damage during rain - as realistically their bow-strings would be wet and they won`t be able to fire.

We can also make all the torches and stuff go out during rain to reduce visibility - but debating this - as the night-time without torches doesn`t look that good.

Perhaps you cover them so they are protected and they are simply dimmer? it woudl also have a good effect as the light wouldnt shine upwards but downwards

Generation 03-30-2009 06:13 PM

i say picture looks pretty cool in my opinion but I never seen a game like that and im being honest

Phylast 03-30-2009 11:01 PM

pat on the back

Who can I give a pat on the back for creating the weather features? Even in .jpeg form it is beautiful, can't wait to see it in motion.

Kell Aset 03-30-2009 11:27 PM

Looks nice and really wet.

Andy Joslin 03-31-2009 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phylast (Post 12935)
Who can I give a pat on the back for creating the weather features? Even in .jpeg form it is beautiful, can't wait to see it in motion.

Andrej Kulgan coded the automatic weather system, and Joseph Visscher made the lighting settings for each time of day, type of weather, etc (harder than it sounds; basically making the game look realistic). Andrej Kulgan also made the FX for rain and snow.