Reverie World Studios Forums

Reverie World Studios Forums (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Public Suggestions and Proposals (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   death effect (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=568)

Phylast 03-24-2009 10:55 AM

death effect

I saw some pictures showing dead units laying on the ground. I was wondering will some of the units have a the possibility once killed on a wall to have a quick death animation showing them fall off the wall.

Puppeteer 03-24-2009 12:11 PM

I know that bodies twitch on the ground, but this does sound like something Reverie might have implemented to satisfy their warped, morbid fantasies.
I know we all appreciate the interest, but next time if you have a bunch of questions could you put them in one topic please? If the question in hand is controversial or is a BIG issue, perhaps it would be prudent to put that on its own, for the sake of avoiding further discussions (*cough* wall blueprints *cough). Thanks.

Andy Joslin 03-24-2009 12:48 PM

We do not currently have ragdoll physics. Whether or not we'll include them is still up in the air.

And yes, please follow Puppeteer's suggestion. I just merged most of your topics into one.

Phylast 03-24-2009 02:46 PM

ragdoll

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Joslin (Post 12703)
We do not currently have ragdoll physics. Whether or not we'll include them is still up in the air.

And yes, please follow Puppeteer's suggestion. I just merged most of your topics into one.

Ragdoll physics would be amazing to see blasts from catapults, knockbacks, etc. I suppose making each unit have a fall animation would be a bit much. I was just thinking more along the lines of every one in ten units that die on a wall will fall to either side of the wall (straight line down) to have bodies litter the ground around the wall.

If I have a slue of thoughts I'd like to bring up next time I'll put them under one topic. I just did join the forums, but I've been tracking this game for awhile now. I searched through the forums to find appropriate topics already covered, but I felt each was a suggestion that might be worth having a separate topic upon.

LiTos456 03-24-2009 02:49 PM

I think simple animations would do fine... for units that is. But for catapults... I wish..uh do you have real destructibility? I doubt it... but man it would be great if you did. I'm guessing it's just simple animations of blocks of wood or stone flying around.

ash12181987 03-24-2009 03:17 PM

PLEASE put in ragdolls, it leads to unintentionally hillarious battle scenes. Like this one:

LiTos456 03-24-2009 04:34 PM

Yeah ok now I changed me mind, PUT IN RAGDOLLS! :D Yes it does make things very funny.
By the way what game is that?

Kell Aset 03-24-2009 05:04 PM

I think it is Mount & Blade.

ash12181987 03-24-2009 05:34 PM

That it is.

Ginko 03-25-2009 06:30 AM

i think it is better to have a good strategy game, than a very good looking game.. just look at Civ4 :P